Visitors

Saturday, March 1, 2014

Better late than never? Uh, huh...

An oldie but goodie...

I wrote this book in 2009 and it was published under the title A Brief Moment of Pleasure. It was a full length novel, but it didn't do so well with the publisher I submitted it to, despite the rave reviews it got. I think it had to do with the price. Seems like e-books that cost $7.00 are left in the dust, unless they come from Laurann Dohner. LOL! Alas, the publisher wasn't as well known back then as Ellora's Cave is, and sales were sadly non-existent. I asked for my rights back at the end of the contract period, and revised it, then subbed it to Ellora's Cave.

With a brand new cover and the revisions, it was re-released, and did considerably better than before, but in spite of more rave reviews, it will never hit the best seller lists. Sigh. However, I'm not giving up on it. You see, it's semi-autobiographical, and I still think it's one of the best I've ever produced.

So I am going to start doing promo on it again, and hope that word of mouth will get it going again. What d you think? 

Have you read this book under either title? What did you think? Be totally honest. I can take it. :P  Just remember that I hold a second degree black belt and am willing to travel... Snort!

Hugs...

Fran Lee





1 comment:

  1. Ebook pricing is most definitely an issue.
    I think it's a great idea to promote a few of the great books you already have.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment.