Amber and I got our new book cover for "The Strix" last week and we were jumping for joy! I love the gorgeous cover that artist Valerie Tibbs designed for us. The eyelashes on this man really get to me.
I also have a beautiful slightly spooky book trailer coming soon that I hope to have posted in the next couple of days.
Meanwhile the countdown continues. The Strix will be released next Tuesday July 17th
from Loose Id Publishing. We are really looking forward to sharing this book.
Blurb: The Strix
A cursed amber amulet unearthed in
Pompeii flings Arcona into a past life of witchcraft, bloodshed, revenge and
sexual slavery to the cruel Master of a gladiatorial school. This violent
parallel world is populated with “Slayers,” blood-drinking immortals devoted to
the gods of war and mayhem.
As a Strix, or malignant witch,
Arcona once used sex and blood rituals to create a race of immortal warriors to
unleash on Rome. Now it’s time to pay.
The gladiator Tyr was one desperately
lonely lover she betrayed. Against his will, she turned him into Upir
Likhyi, a foul vampire. For two millennia he’s lived a grim
existence as a Slayer, in constant sexual arousal yet denied release; now, he's
pissed off and wants revenge. He kidnaps Arcona planning to drink her dry and
break the curse.
Along the way Arcona and Tyr relive
their sexual slavery at the hands of Rome and blood sport in the arena, but the
real magic is they forgive and fall in love.
Too bad another Slayer wants them
dead.


Where is the time going? These past weeks have evaporated in a blur of hard work. Yikes.
ReplyDeleteXXOO Kat
I can't wait. I've been wracking my brain about the title since first seeing the gorgeous cover. Now, that it's been explain, I can't wait to read the book more!!!!
ReplyDeleteHi Marie! I found the Strix mentioned in ancient mythology and I really wanted to write my own character who gets pulled into the mayhem and then tries to redeem herself.
DeleteXXOO Kat
I can't believe our "little" idea will be released in less than a week. I'm so excited and love the cover. Valerie will always have my business as long as she creates such awesome covers.
ReplyDeleteCongrats on the print book. I still have to read this book. Soon.
I'm in love with Valerie! I pray we get her for the rest of the series.
DeleteIt's is funny how that little NANO idea took on a much bigger life. I sure enjoyed this process.
XXOO Kat
Wow - gorgeous cover - awesome story - congrats to both of you!! :)
ReplyDeleteThank you Tina, and congratulations on your new series too!
DeleteXXOO Kat
Interesting... Unique concept. I like it.
ReplyDeleteHi Julia! This one was fun to write, I'm very proud of it.
DeleteXXOO Kat
I'm so looking forward to reading The Strix! Congratulations Kat and Amber!
ReplyDeleteAnd Happy Print Release Day, Kat!!!
Thank you Tessie!
DeleteXXOO Kat
heavens how amazingly creative!! wow! congrats ladies! here is to many sales.
ReplyDeleteLiz
Hi Liz! Thank you there are three more crazy plot stories to these series. There are so much fun to write.
DeleteXXOO Kat
This looks yummy!
ReplyDelete