On Monday, Cerise shared fantastic tips for writing a series. I'll be taking her advice! Resplendence Publishing has requested that I continue on with the world I created in Megan's Men. Book #2 will be a prequel - Drista's story.
Megan's Men
Copyright: Tessie Bradford 2013
The bulk of
their guests were outside, so Megan headed to one of the sitting rooms on the
main floor. As soon as she crossed the threshold, tears rolled down her cheeks.
Her life had been in upheaval for so long and there was so very much she didn’t
know about this culture and her potential place in it. Could she have a career
or were her men expecting her to be a housewife? They were the leaders of the
community. What responsibilities did that place on her? At times, they traveled
the galaxies. Would she be left at home for long periods or go with them? Her
head began to throb. Megan sat down and covered her face with her hands.
A quiet knock
sounded. “Megan, may I come in?”
She looked up
to find Drista, Rork’s sister, standing in the doorway. She and her family had
been the first arrivals, and they’d had a few minutes to chat before the rest
of the people had arrived. Megan had liked her instantly. She was vivacious and
extremely personable.
“You may not
want to, I’m an emotional mess.” Megan sniffed loudly and did her best to wipe
her cheeks.
Drista rushed
forward and pulled a handkerchief out of her pocket. “Use this, I promise it’s
clean. Amazingly, my boys haven’t required a wipe down yet this evening.” She
sat in the chair next to Megan.
“Thanks, I
appreciate it. Did the guys send you to find me? I should probably get back to
the guests.”
“No, I saw
you leave them looking upset, so I followed you. We’ve only just met, but I
predict we’re going to be great friends, as well as sisters.” She patted
Megan’s knee. “I haven’t been able to pry any of the details out of your men
about the how they found you and convinced you to come home with them. It
doesn’t surprise me that Rork isn’t sharing, but Garfor is such a romantic and
Loban, well everyone knows he likes to talk.” Drista winked and smiled.
“Maybe
because they feel badly about how they went about it.”
“Oh, Gods,
what did they do?”
“Got me on
their ship by deception and brought me here without my consent.”
“You’d best
tell me what’s happened, and we girls will decide what needs to be done.”
Megan tried
to tell her story without the sexual parts, but quickly realized it was going
to be impossible to convey her emotional turmoil without at least alluding to
that aspect. It certainly didn’t seem acceptable, though, for her to discuss
specifics with Rork’s sister, so she ended up stumbling through her tale and
blushing a lot.
“First of
all, you’re talking to a Slaterine woman. I obviously understand the intensity
of the soul bond. I’ll be shocked if they make it through the evening without
whisking you away for a quickie!” Drista laughed and Megan joined her. “There
are many here, men and women, who are from other worlds and had no knowledge of
the bond and how it would change their lives. May I tell you about my own
experience?”
“Yes,
please,” Megan answered.
“My mates,
Corbin and Jacob, came to Mesta eight years ago on a mining expedition. On
their home planet, women are one step above slaves; their only roles are to
serve men in every fashion, bear children and keep their opinions to
themselves. I was the leader of the Slaterine team assigned to direct
their operations.”
“You’ve got
to be kidding.”
“Wait, it
gets better. They’re brothers, and in their culture, it is acceptable even
between family members to fight to the death to claim a woman; sharing doesn’t
exist.”
“How in the
hell have you three been able to make your relationship work?” Megan thought
about Drista’s three small boys and how she’d noticed Corbin and Jacob gazing
at her adoringly all evening.
“I won’t lie,
everything, and I do mean everything was a battle in the beginning, but
bonded mates are destined to be together. It’s not always easy, being willing
to compromise and having gigantic patience are essential. Oh, and the
mind-blowing sex helps iron out a great many differences.” She raised an
eyebrow and grinned.
“I’m worried
about my identity within the relationship, Drista,” Megan admitted. “If Garfor,
Loban and Rork won’t let me make my own decisions, or try to change my nature,
we’re doomed to failure.”
Drista took
her hands and stared into her eyes. “Do you love them?”
“Yes.”
“Then do what
you have to do to become the type of swaya you want to be.”
Have a wonderful weekend~
Tessie

OH YUM. I am so glad I helped!!!!
ReplyDeleteYou truly did, Cerise!
ReplyDeleteI'm so glad Megan's Men is becoming a series! I loved it!
DeleteAnd thank you Cerise that was a great blog!
Hi, Kat!
ReplyDeleteI'm so excited to work on Book #2.
I'm so excited this will be a series! :)
ReplyDeleteThanks, Amber! I'm looking forward to the challenge.
ReplyDelete