Writing is a solitary endeavor, but the community of authors I have the privilege of knowing and calling friends are the most supportive people ever! Thank you, thank you!
I'm also blessed to have an extremely supportive family. Yesterday, my daughter surprised me at work with a bouquet of flowers and 15 balloons (Megan's Men is my 15th book) in the colors of the emblem on my website (which she designed for me)! My hubby came home from work with flowers, a lovely card and a bottle of chapagne!
Here's an excerpt for your enjoyment:
Megan’s Men
Copyright: Tessie Bradford, July 2013
“Someone in
this hover car owes me an apology,” Loban announced when he settled in the back
seat next to Megan.
“Oh, fine,”
Megan replied. “I’m sorry, okay?”
“What have I
missed, now?” Rork asked as he engaged the engine and piloted the small craft
out of the spaceport.
“Megan
questioned the clothing I replicated for her.”
“I’m
practically indecent.”
“You’re
dressed in the same manner as the Slaterine women you just saw with your own
eyes in the terminal.”
“But you are
far more beautiful,” Garfor said.
Rork silently
marveled at Garfor’s understatement. Beautiful didn’t come anywhere close to
describing her. Having gotten off the ship first in order to handle customs
paperwork and bring the car around, he hadn’t seen Megan in her new attire
until moments ago. His dick was so hard it ached. The sleeveless, loose-fitting
dress fell only a few inches below the curve of her ass. Her legs were long and
shapely, and he was going out of his mind thinking about when they’d be wrapped
around his hips. If he knew Loban, and he surely did, Megan was wearing only
the tiniest of panties, if any.
Intense
emotions assaulted him as he deftly navigated the rugged terrain of their
homeland. His pride was beyond measure at how the Gods had honored them with
such an exquisite swaya. They would take care of her, cherish and protect her.
If she
allows it. The
words echoed in his mind for the hundredth time. Rork tightened his grip on the
control stick. He’d never imagined that when they found their woman she
wouldn’t immediately recognize them as her mates and embrace their life
together. Garfor and Loban were the ones who excelled at diplomacy. His
strength was in understanding when a situation required action instead of
talking and in not being afraid to make that call. Megan would have to get by
him if she wanted to leave.
Normally, the
two-hour journey home was nothing more than a necessary chore.
“Oh, oh, look
at that!” Megan squealed.
Rork briefly
took his focus off their path, again, to check out whatever had caught her
attention. She was pointing and practically bouncing on the seat. Megan’s
exuberance was contagious, and he couldn’t help smiling. The massive rock
formation, covered with spike-shaped, blue and purple harissa blooms was
definitely remarkable. How had he missed its beauty on all their other trips back
and forth in the past?
“The harissa
plant is pretty to look at, but don’t ever touch it with bare hands. It
secretes an enzyme that will have you itching for days.”
“How does it
grow on the rock?” she asked, draping her arms over the back of the bench seat
and leaning forward between him and Garfor.
Rork breathed
in deeply, savoring the faint, floral scent she was wearing. “That type of rock
is the only place the plant grows. They have a symbiotic relationship. At the
roots of the harissa, deep in the rock, are deposits of an ore we use in the
process to make fuel.”
“Can the ore
be extracted without killing the plant?”
“If it’s done
properly by highly trained and sanctioned miners. There are stiff financial
penalties to those caught attempting to poach the ore. Is your vocation in the
Natural Sciences, Megan?” Rork was anxious to learn every single thing about
their woman.
Megan
laughed, and the sound was music to his ears. “No, my training is in finance,
but I love the outdoors and have quite the green thumb, if I do say so myself.
I’ve always had a knack for growing things, nursing stray animals back to
health, calming small children, stuff like that. My mom used to tell me I’m a
nurturer by nature.”
“Garfor told
us about the loss of your family.” Rork refused to acknowledge out loud the
sorry excuse for a male who had deserted and mistreated her. “You’re not alone
anymore. We are going to take care of you from now on.”
“Oh my God,
seriously?” He felt Megan drop back down into her seat. “As I tried to explain
to Garfor before we left Earth, I’m a grown woman. I make my own decisions and
am more than capable of taking care of myself.”
“Your current
circumstance speaks to the opposite.”
“Right,
stupid me; I didn’t figure out that the nice alien man who offered his help was
really a lying kidnapper until it was too late. Lucky for me, he has two
henchmen who want to get in on the action.”
“Why do you
persist in denying the truth of things? It’s a waste of all of our time. You
belong with us and will stay with us.”
Have a wonderful weekend~
Tessie

Megan's Men was a wonderful fantasy ride, I loved it Tessie.
ReplyDeleteLove tantalizing excerpts....Thanks, Jean
ReplyDeleteThanks, Kat!
ReplyDeleteHi, Jean~
ReplyDeleteI'm glad you enjoyed the excerpt!
I love it, sweetie! I tried to go over to RP to buy it, but it looks like my account with them is dead and gone. I'll have to set up a new one.
ReplyDeleteHi Fran!! I hope you enjoy Megan's Men!
ReplyDelete