
Love is in the air! Is this not the perfect time of year for us, the readers and writers of hotter than hot romance?
After much jocularity, I’m choosing to blog about my hubby. He’s sitting across the room as I type this. I will read it to him once it’s done and not post it without his approval. As anyone who read the dedication in Ageless Desires knows, he holds the lofty position of Head of Research and Development in my writing career. You can all take a moment and imagine his varied job duties!!
Recently, I’ve been testing his dedication. My WIP is a m/m/f love story. When I first discussed my idea with him, it was quite apparent he was uncomfortable with the m/m part of my proposal. He not only didn’t see the appeal, each time I talked about it, he didn’t participate and his body language screamed ‘shut up!’ I love the characters, the humor and the chemistry of the story so I persevered, despite feeling his loss in the creative process.
The other night, he agreed to let me read it to him. I was a nervous wreck! My throat was dry and I stumbled over the first paragraphs. And then the most wonderful thing happened. He laughed at the funny parts! He wholeheartedly complimented the hotty-hot parts and even offered some manly insight to a man only part!!
I certainly hope it's contracted, but his support means even more to me. God I love that man!
Tessie
www.tessiebradford.com
Tessie I'm sure this WIP will Flip and you will get a contract!
ReplyDeleteHaving a partner's approval and participation in this endeavor is so wonderful! I'm always so happy to get my husband's help in the R&D department.
XXOO Kat
Thanks, Kat! I truly consider my writing career a joint effort between me and my hubby.
ReplyDeleteCan I borrow him? I won't hurt him. He'll come home to you healthy, happy, and grateful I let him out of the cage. I'm trying to write a BDSM....hmmm...
ReplyDeleteHey Fran, I so appreciate your gracious offer of further 'training' for my head of R&D!! He has maintained his position in my organization due to his eagerness to learn new things and a strong desire to please. I believe we could work out a mutually beneficial exchange program - LMFAO!!!!!!!!!!!!
ReplyDeleteNothing beats a supportive loved one...He's a keeper!
ReplyDeleteMy husband doesn't read much of what I write, but he's my technical guy who keeps the computer and my websites working. Not to mention research...
Enough said!
It certainly is nice to have a supportive partner. I am envious.
ReplyDeleteK