Visitors

Saturday, June 27, 2015

How many of our followers actually read us each day?


I love this blog...

I really am curious about how many of the hundred or more blog followers we have here actually come over to read?  I am talking about supporting the authors you have been kind enough to follow when you added your name to the list of those who follow this blog. (I know...we did a bit of arm twisting to get you here. Sorry.)

I know I have been extremely lazy lately. I used to post a lengthy blog piece and always came over to see what everyone else was up to...but things have come up over the past year...including the death of my daughter...and I have become very lax. 

You know, I used to belong to a dozen or more multi-author blogs, and I was the Rah-Rah queen cheerleader gal for all my author friends for a number of years, even setting up Yahoo Groups to share news and fun with them. I supported everyone back then...was totally gung-ho. 

And then things started to go downhill...my damn muse took off on sabbatical and didn't come back for months and possibly even a year or two. Being totally bummed out and depressed left me feeling very empty. 

But now I am trying my best to get back into the saddle, and am ready to start doing all I can to help support my pals again.

So just to satisfy my own curiosity, I am asking every person who reads this post to just leave a ONE-WORD COMMENT...nothing spectacular...just as a sort of roll call of blog followers. Let's see if more than two people comment this time.

I see only two people who unfailingly comment. We take the time to comment on each other's posts because we love each other dearly...and I feel terrible when these wonderful gals only get two comments after all the hard work they have done.  So it's time for all you followers to tell us you are really out there, and actually do read us. 

My ever lasting thanks to Tessie, Cerise and Katalina for all your kind support over the years. You have made this blog a labor of love, and I would love to see more readers appreciate your efforts. We need to support each other better...

Hugs,





17 comments:

  1. Good morning, Fran. I love being part of 7SS! I may not post every week as I used to but this blog is so very special to me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me, too...but it genuinely appears that none of our 133 blog followers ever makes an appearance here. We created this blog to share with THEM...but they seem to not share with us.

      Delete
    2. I agree. Until this spring, I never missed a single Wednesday blog. This was my Zen spot.

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Gotcha...and that means having our blog followers let us know who actually reads us. As you can see, even when I asked everyone to leave just a short comment, you two are the only ones who even bothered to. I vote we e-mail conference and make some big changes...

      Delete
    2. Followers are great, but they cycle quickly, three or four months is average. New readers click from other links, Facebook, Goodreads, Book sites etc... to read a blog excerpt before they buy.

      Delete
  3. Well...it's as plain as the nose on my face that only two people are actually paying attention to this blog nowadays. And if no one pays attention...no one reads...and no one comments, then I'm thinking this is a lost cause. Should we just archive it?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Have you checked the stats? That shows how many people show up every day. Not everyone comments but they do read the posts. I know I get over 100 visits a day on my blog and not one comment.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Amber, babe! Long time no post! Sometimes the stats aren't exactly accurate, since I often check back several times a day. I'll check that out!

      Delete
    2. I did check the stats...and we get between 10 and 40 visitors a day.

      Delete
  5. I do know a number of people who have told me they've never commented on ANY blog but have ones that they read on a regular basis.

    ReplyDelete
  6. E-reading and online habits have changed drastically. I enjoy having a place to post news or host a friend's new release.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Also, most people are reading on a smartphone and not commenting, but clicking on the buy link. In 2015, a blog is serving a different purpose. At its best it's a place to read extended, and possibly more explicit content than Amazon will allow.

      Delete
    2. Excellent point, Kat! Here we have control over what we share with readers!

      Delete

Thanks for leaving a comment.