Visitors

Thursday, March 5, 2015

Oh That Voice...

Leonard Nimoy
March 26, 1931 - February 27, 2015

He could have been reading the phone book and I would have gladly listened for hours. His tone was so calming while at the same time being filled with emotion. I tuned in every week to "In Search of..." solely to listen to him speak. He voiced so many characters in movies, TV shows and video games; hearing him always makes me smile. Having him be referenced to and speak on The Big Bang Theory is priceless!

Director, photographer, actor, poet, author and of course, Mr. Spock. 

I am a hardcore Trekkie.  

When my friends were all swooning over Captain James T. Kirk, I was getting up close and personal with Spock in my fantasy world! Believe me, I got him to embrace his emotional side!! :)) 

The challenges Mr. Spock faced spoke to my angst-filled teenage self (watching reruns). The character's inner personal conflicts and his oft times not understanding the emotions of those around him resonated, but it was his trying to be what his father expected him to be while battling feelings he didn't understand or sometimes know how to control, was my life at the time.  

When the movie Star Trek II The Wrath of Kahn came out, nobody wanted to brave the opening day crowds with me so I went alone. Even though I had heard that Spock died in the end, I was such a mess I sat in my seat crying until the credits were done and the screen went black.

My excitement for J. J. Abrams' Star Trek movies was greatly increased by Leonard Nimoy being included.

I wish I could have seen him in one of his live performances.

Whatever lies beyond this life, the best to you Mr. Nimoy.



Tessie
www.tessiebradford.com
Facebook: tessie.bradford.1


  




3 comments:

Thanks for leaving a comment.