Visitors

Wednesday, December 31, 2014

2015 Here We Come!


I can't wait to kiss 2014 goodbye and start 2015. 2014 was one of the hardest years of my life and I am so happy to see to go. I am so grateful I didn't know what lay ahead at the beginning of 2014. This was a year that could only be taken one day at a time.

I've said it here many times, but the loss of my sister and being responsible for her care, in a situation that couldn't be softened was hard. I came away feeling traumatized, like I'd been held hostage by something horrible that wouldn't allow us to come up for air. During the crisis, it was easy for me to jump in and cope. Several months later, I'm feeling the weight of what we went through. I can't shut down or turn away because my younger brother, is terminally ill also. He's not living with me, but in the next months my parents are going to need my help. I'm trying to spend as much time with him as possible. It's a weird limbo to be in. I have to let David go, but we're not ready to say goodbye.

Throughout 2014, I wrote like a fiend, yet I didn't release a single new title. 2014 was all about reinvention and improvement. I took back the copyrights to seven books and left two publishers behind. It was difficult but had to be done.

The good news is I have several new publishers and at least six new titles coming soon.

A friend who is an astrologer has christened 2015 "The Year of Remembering." I'm not sure what that means, but I'm ready for a change of pace a new set of challenges.

I wish everyone a wonderful year ahead. May the hard things get easier and may 2015, be a kinder year to all of us.

XXOO Kat

2 comments:

  1. Kat, love and peace to you and your family in the New Year.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love, peace, and a happy new year to you and your loved ones Tessie.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment.