Visitors

Wednesday, November 26, 2014

Happy Thanksgiving!


Thanksgiving is bittersweet this year. This autumn has been great for my writing. I'm so thankful for that. The other day I finished my third novella. I'm letting them pile up, so I can go back later like a freight train and self-edit them all at once. For now, I want to keep writing and enjoy the momentum.

That's the good news.

The sad news? I miss my sister Christy. This is the first holiday without her. I cannot believe she will not be bringing her delicious mashed potatoes to Thanksgiving.

The second bit of bad news--I'm losing my stepbrother David as well. He has lung cancer and this will definitely be his last Thanksgiving with us. So, we let him choose the menu and we are making David's favorite dishes, the way he likes them. I will grate tons of cheddar cheese  onto everything. I even bought canned mushroom soup and canned french fried onions to make old-school green bean casserole because I love him, and he shuns my "organic crap."

I know many of us are missing someone they love this holiday. I want to be thankful for what I have now and remember many others have an empty spot at the table too.

3 comments:

  1. I hope everyone gets a little joy this holiday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Tessie! Much love to you and your loved ones <3

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment.