Visitors

Saturday, September 13, 2014

Do readers really click our links on Facebook?


I have not gotten one single comment over on my own blog...

So I am conducting a test...just to see if folks do read and follow my FB page links.  I have just about given up on trying to promote my books on my blog...and I stopped doing contests because only about three people ever entered, and the same three people won every prize. The whole idea of contests is to give a freebie to lots of different people...LOL!  After a few contests, the ones who took the time to enter ran out of new books to win.

We'll see if those who "liked" my Facebook fan page really do read my posts, or if they just click the "like" thumbs-up button to be nice to me.  Sheesh...it's so hard to give stuff away these days. Or maybe it's just that nobody wants my books anymore. I should go eat worms. Gummy worms...can't get the real thing past my gag reflex.

I love my readers and my fans, but people never tell me what they think...what they want...or what they expect to see on my blog. I blog...but I don't bug the heck outta folks to go over and look. Maybe I should? D'ya think? Naaahhhh. Too much work, and I am intrinsically lazy.

Okay...end of whining. Oh...and don't forget that my newest book is still only 99 cents until September 15th.  After that, it goes up to the regular price. Get it...it's definitely worth the buck. Anyway, I think it is...and I know the author personally. She's a great gal. A bit reclusive...a lot naughty.

Bless you all...you put up with so much from me. 

HUgs...

Fran Lee





 

8 comments:

  1. I get get so much from authors I have no time to comment but I read all the posts. I enjoy reading yours.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fran I'm so happy for you that you have three great releases out back to back. Celebrate the good stuff. Readers will find you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, Kat, you are always such a marvelous cheerleader. Love you!

      Delete
  3. I don't know, Fran. I closed my FB account long ago. Found it to be pretty useless. In terms of promo your guess is as good as mine. Whatever the secret is, it eludes me. Congrats on your new books!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It must be a tightly kept secret, because I don't know what it is, either. LOL! Thanks. I decided that I needed to get busy and work. That's the only way I can get past my recent upheaval.

      Delete
  4. Fran, I think it is almost impossible for us to know for sure what really works to sell our books but I believe being a presence on the internet is a must. I'm very bad at regularly posting here (sorry) and on my own Facebook page but I read blogs and other people's Facebook posts and I've purchased many books because of them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me, too. I have bought more books than I can read in two lifetimes. :) But I truly hate self- promotion. It makes me feel sorta like I'm jumping up and down and shouting, "Look at meeeee...here I ammmmm!" LOL!

      Delete

Thanks for leaving a comment.