Visitors

Saturday, June 21, 2014

Summer is officially here..,.

And I feel like running into the foaming surf...

Thankfully the heat has dimmed a bit this past week, because I can't enjoy it when temps rise into the 90's. My optimal temp range is between 65 and 80...preferably mid 70's. I am thrilled that I don't live in Florida or Texas or any state where the temps are normally in  the 80's to 100's in summer. Of course, in Utah, where we have the world's weirdest weather patterns, summer temps can get up into the 100's, since we are in a dry high desert.

 Thankfully, it's a dry heat, so I don't suffer the way I did when we visited New Orleans...or Southern California. Moist heat makes me feel like I am walking around in a warm shower all day.  

I have a number of friends who live in Florida, or in Phoenix, or in Los Angeles. I have always enjoyed visiting places like Vegas, Hollywood, New Orleans, etc. but I don't think I want to live there. I like the change of the seasons. I enjoy snow in winter (wish it would stay off the roads, though) and the regrowth in the Spring. I love fall colors on the mountainsides (even though I hate raking dead leaves).

When the first green spikes of the daffodils and tulips start shoving up through the leaves in  the early spring, I have to smile.  It's nice to know that the snow will stop soon, and trees and shrubs will blossom out and make the world green and pink and yellow and white again.

But by mid-summer, I'm good and well ready for the cool breezes of Fall, and the fabulous reds, golds, and yellows of oak and maple and birch flaring out over the mountains above.

So do you love Summer the most? Or are you more partial to the cooler seasons? Or are you a snow bunny?

Hugs,

Fran Lee

 
  

8 comments:

  1. ME? I love your choice of hot men.
    Not caring after that about the weather....lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wouldn't mind dunking him a few times...um...that sounds baaad...

      Delete
  2. That man is heating up the room! lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Such a sexy body...where's my ice water?

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. Love Fall and Winter...also Spring.

      Delete
  4. I'm like Tessie. Fall and winter. But the guy is generating some pleasant heat!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep...one a a large collection stolen/borrowed from Facebook...

      Delete

Thanks for leaving a comment.