Visitors

Saturday, June 7, 2014

Stuff and nonsense...

This is one of the funniest power plays ever...

Sometimes you gotta roll with it and bite the bullet. Backing down is not always a sign of cowardice...often, it's a sign of intelligence. And in the case of that British aircraft carrier, bravado isn't an option.

Have you ever found yourself backed into a corner, with no visible way out?  There are times when it's wisest to simply say "Okay...you win..." to the world, and look for another way around the problem.  I've been there a few times, and I find that backing off and taking another shot from a better angle is the only way to survive.  Whether it's a wip that just doesn't work, or something in life that just refuses to happen properly, butting my head against the brick wall isn't working.

 I have been working on two wips for over a month, and I'm about ready to scream.  Neither of them is moving the way I want them to. But I have my devious ways of getting around the problem...I read. And read. And read.

And then I go back and attack the wip again.

How do you deal with it when nothing seems to work?

Hugs,

Fran Lee

2 comments:

  1. I appreciate you starting my day with a laugh, Fran!
    When I have a wip that isn't cooperating, I torture myself with it until I can't stand it anymore then I force myself not to look at it for a while. Eventually I'll either work out the problems in my head, or go on to something else! Three of my now published books were long stalled, nearly forgotten wips that finally clicked when the time was right.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I set WIPs aside, start new ones and sometimes in a separate document I'll write a personality profile of the character that is giving me trouble. I ask questions or write a brief backstory that may never get used in the actual story, just to get a feel for why they are behaving like they are. Sometimes as Tessie said its timing. If a WIP is not flowing move on to something else.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment.