Visitors

Wednesday, June 18, 2014

Big Changes

This spring seems to be all about change, and as we speed toward the summer solstice those changes are coming even faster.

As some of you already know, my sister Christy has come to my home for hospice care. She has cancer and we are nearing the end. I'm heartbroken to be losing my sister and best friend, but also so grateful I can do this for her. She's courageous, easy going and hasn't shone a shred of fear. Christy's birthday is Saturday June 21, on the solstice and I'm pretty certain she'll celebrate the day with me and our loved ones.

On a book note, as of today, the copyright to "Owned By Rome" has reverted to me. I'm very much looking forward to revising and expanding this book. Owned By Rome is the first of four Ellora's Cave books I will be taking back and revising this year.

Before my sister arrived I almost finished edits on "Hoodoo Blue" for Fated Desires special lines books. I love this story and I hope readers will too. This one is very funny.

I also got to window shop for a handsome cover model for a new Decadent Publishing project that must remain secret a little longer. I can't wait to see and share my new cover! All I can say is the other book covers for this series and the stories are scorching hot and I'm proud to be part of this series.

Happy Solstice.
XXOO Kat

4 comments:

  1. Thank you for stopping by today.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh Kat, I don't know what to say. I'm so so sorry. All my love, thoughts and prayers are with you all.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Julia, this feels like an honor and I'm so glad it's happening in my home.

      Delete
  3. Kat, my love and prayers to you and your family.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment.