Visitors

Saturday, February 22, 2014

Getting there...


How often I feel like soaring with the eagles...
But end up just running in circles like a turkey on the day before Thanksgiving...

But every step I take forward means that I am getting where I want to be. I just have to keep thinking of putting one foot in front of another, and not slipping back more than one step out of every two. Progress comes in all kinds of packages...the tiny step package...the 20-league boots package...and the Fran Lee package, where I use ski poles and training wheels to move forward three feet. Heck, if it's a forward move, I'll take it!

Where I used to be RAH RAH, now I am Ho Hum. In fact, for about eight months there, I simply rode on my back list laurels, which kept me thinking that I didn't have to work at all. But after a year, people sort of stopped shopping my back list, and actually expected me to write again. So I got busy and finished one of my wips and subbed it. 

It's now been another six months, and I am working hard (or is that hardly working) on  another wip...about halfway through...and getting totally distracted again. Sheesh. Too many things going on in my life.  Time to tie that eagle feather into my hair and leap skyward.

Hugs...

Fran Lee

3 comments:

  1. I'm in your boat, Fran. Lots going on IRL. Hang in there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Fran! You'll get that WIP finished!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment.