Visitors

Tuesday, February 18, 2014

Dena's Garson's "Mystic's Touch"


Today's guest is a very sweet friend and talented author Dena Garson. I was fortunate enough to have the opportunity to work with Dena on the Emerald Isles Fantasies book series, and she was kind enough to beta a WIP for me just this week. Thank you Dena!


(Dena sure gets great book covers, the Cover Goddess loves her for sure!)

Dena's latest book is "Mystic's Touch" from Ellora's Cave Blush Line. If you like your romance more sweet than spice and you haven't already meet Dena Garson, you're in for a real treat:

Thanks for having me today!

Did you know honey was good for more than just a natural sweetener?

While I was writing Mystic’s Touch, I did some research on herbs and healing practices that were used by ancient Egyptians. My heroine is a healer and since the world I built for them was based on ancient Egypt I wanted to know some of the methods and herbs she might have used.

What I learned was fascinating.

Honey has antibacterial properties and was frequently used by ancient Egyptians on the skin to treat cuts, scrapes and burns. It was also used as an embalming fluid and as an offering to their gods.

Ancient Greeks also valued honey. Some myths portray Cupid dipping his arrows in honey before firing them at unsuspecting lovers. Honey was supposedly favored by Aphrodite, the Goddess of Love.

Bridegrooms in traditional Indian wedding ceremonies are offered honey to improve his stamina.

Today we commonly use honey to soothe a sore throat or suppress a cough. Minor burns can benefit from honey’s anti-inflammatory and antibacterial properties. Similarly, minor cuts can be dressed with a thin layer of honey then covered with a clean bandage or band-aid to reduce healing time and sterilze the wound. If you begin to feel like you’re coming down with something, raw honey’s antibacterial and antiviral properties may help boost your immune system and fight sickness. (NOTE: the darker the honey, the better its antibacterial and antioxidant power)

Despite its ability to naturally boost energy, raw honey may provide sleep relief by facilitating the action of tryptophan, which helps make people sleepy.

But don’t forget all the fun you can have with it too! Sweeten your own palate before a kiss to encourage your partner to want more. Drizzle honey on your lover’s body parts and take your time licking it off.

Or heat up a cup of tea and add a dollop of honey before you sit down to enjoy my new book.

Mystic’s Touch:
When Prince Ceros returns home to take his place on the throne, he falls prey to a mysterious malady that leaves him unable to speak or move, though his thoughts and awareness remain intact. Danet, a talented healer, realizes the prince is alert inside his body. The two are able to share thoughts telepathically. Unfortunately her connection with Ceros may bring unwanted attention to her abilities and result in her banishment from the city.

Their unique bond grows as Danet races to find a remedy for the prince’s condition. Desire turns to love, which makes Danet fear for their future when he awakens. They seek out the villain attempting to take the throne and endeavor to find a way to stay together.

Inside Scoop: Ceros’ secret shifter status adds complication and intrigue to their budding romance.


To celebrate the release of Mystic’s Touch, I’m giving away lots of goodies. There will be ebooks, a Dena Garson gift basket, a grab bag of author promo items, a Love: Defined necklace, Naughty/Nice earrings, and a swirl ring made by Designs By Jewelee. See my blog for more info. The drawings will be held at the end of my book tour on March 3rd.

You can enter more than once! Following this link to Rafflecopter:



Find me on the web at:
Facebook | Twitter | Goodreads | Blog | Ellora’s Cave | Amazon Author Page

Thank you Dena and Best wishes to you!

XXOO Kat






10 comments:

  1. Thank you Dean for being our guest today!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've read "Ghostly Persuasion" in the "Emerald Isle Fantasies" and I loved it."Mystic’s Touch" looks like a great read and I'll add it to my TBR list. Thanks for the giveaway!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh thank you so much, Anca! I'm glad you liked GP and I hope you enjoy Mystic's Touch also!!

      Delete
    2. Hello Anca! Thank you so much for dropping by today.

      Delete
  3. Thanks for letting me drop in, Kat!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My pleasure Dena, Mystic's Touch sound like a really special book. The reviews have been great.

      Delete
  4. Great post. I love honey in my tea. You left one off your list. Honey produced in your area can help reduce allergies. That's my favorite:D
    During your research, did you discover anything that you absolutely had to include in your story?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are right, Linda! I have read that about local honey.
      No - there weren't any remedies I felt I HAD to include in the story because I wanted to focus more on their telepathic connection than any physical healing.
      Most of my research helps me set the scene in my head more so than facts to be used in my stories. But I sure learn a lot of interesting things!! And one day some of those odds facts may show up in another story!

      Delete
  5. Hi Dena~
    I haven't tried EC's Blush line - going over now!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Tessie! Mystic's Touch would be an excellent choice for your first Blush ; )

      Delete

Thanks for leaving a comment.