Visitors

Tuesday, December 31, 2013

Happy New Year!


Man O' man am I happy to be kissing 2013 good-bye!

2013 was a rough ride down a bumpy road. Lots of hard work, loss of many loved ones and little good news...

Hopefully 2014 will be a softer kinder year for all of us.



Tonight for the first time 19 years we will be treated to the astronomical rarity of a new moon on the first day of the new year. What does this mean? Maybe nothing, but if you tend to believe as I do that our natural environment affects our environment and emotional state then this is an excellent time to purge that which does not serve you and make room for something new.

I plan on going through my closet, drawers and beauty products and giving away or throwing away anything I'm not using.


On January 31st we will be starting the Chinese year of the "Horse". The Chinese calendar has at least three different starting dates and the current year is approximately 4712.



The year of Horse will be characterized by a strong desire for improvement, ethos and unremitting effort.  Great strides can be taken this year. People born in this year will have good communication skills. Their weakness are a sense of impatience and hot tempers.

We are staying in this year and enjoying some excellent Mexican food and watching the new BBC Sherlock Holmes. How are you spending your New Year?

XXOO Kat

8 comments:

  1. Happy New Year everyone! I hope 2014 will be a memorable and wonderful year for all.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much for being my friend over the past four years, Kat. You have been a refreshing fresh breeze across my overheated existence. Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Happy New Year Fran! You've been a wonderful friend and I can't wait to see what 2014 brings us.

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. Happy New Year Tessie. Thank you for being such a great friend!

      Delete
  4. Happy New Year, Kat. Hope all is wonderful in 2014!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Happy New Year Julia, I hope 2014 will be a beautiful and very creative year for you.

      Delete
  5. Happy New Year. I'm cleaning out the closets too! 2014 I'm getting rid of the things I no longer use and rid of the "external" things that no longer for me too.
    2014 is a cleansing year.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment.