Visitors

Tuesday, October 29, 2013

Halloween Treats!

Halloween is  one of my top holidays. I love it! This year my Halloween decorations went up in late September. I have a "Zombie Triage" planned for Thursday afternoon, which means I order a pizza and paint my son and several of his friends in very gruesome zombie make-up and set them loose in our neighborhood. This year I got smart and bought a cheap black eye pencil to work with. Last year a beautiful Lancome eye pencil got grabbed by mistake and ground down to nothing. That hurt.



On Saturday we are attending a huge, beautiful Dias de los Muertos celebration at the Hollywood Forever Cemetery. This version of the Day Of The Dead is a full-blown art, music and cultural spectacular. I always parade in honor of my late mother who's birthday was October 27th. I like to hide little items of hers on my costume and bring her with me to the parade. A couple years ago my husband paraded as an Inca king with a huge gold and feather headdress. We drove for hours in traffic and only realized as we were stepping into our costumes that the cameras were charging at home... I almost cried. My husband's costume was so grand and he got stopped so many times to be photographed it was almost impossible to move through the crowds. This year he's wearing plain clothes and a camera around his neck. The cemetery is the final resting place of Valentino, Joey Ramone, Jane Mansfield, Mel Blanc (his grave accumulates Peppy La Pew stuffed skunks) and many others. My favorite graves are the Russian crypts with beautiful cameo portraits of the occupants embedded into the headstones. I check in with one particular Russian gentleman every year and say hello.


Also this Thursday on Halloween of course, join Sheri Fredricks and Paranormal Cravings for some super fun paranormal book hero SPEED DATING! Meet 25 great authors as they pimp their hunky preternatural heroes to you and give away great trick or treat bags (There's an Amazon gift card and an ebook in my treat bag!) So please join the fun and meet tall dark and Lycan Aubert Marston from Loup-Garou For You.


It's not too late to win a $100 Amazon gift card from Lord Griffin! Join the Scavenger Hunt now!
http://www.nightowlreviews.com/v5/Pages/Articles/Halloween-Scavenger-Hunt-2013


Loup-Garou For You will be the Halloween guest of honor in Paranormal Cravings Shifters & Were's Event. Character interviews and prizes too! Don't miss it.
http://www.paranormalcravings.com/

7 comments:

  1. Have a wonderful Halloween everyone!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the post! What a fun party! I want to go!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Melissa it's almost two parties. A very reverent one during the day. The entire cemetery gets decorated in the most beautiful way and live performances of music, dance etc.. are going on everywhere. At night is gets a little wild and the bands start and the big parade happens.

    ReplyDelete
  4. How fun, Kat! Happy Halloween! Wish we had more kids in our neighborhood.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We still have a few little ones in our immediate neighborhood but most of the kids are growing up fast!

      Delete
  5. Happy Halloween, Kat!
    Have a wonderful time on Saturday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Tessie! Happy Halloween to you too.

      Delete

Thanks for leaving a comment.