Visitors

Thursday, August 1, 2013

Excerpt Time!!

Release days are so emotional for me! The excitement over having another story published is amazing, while the worry of how it will be received is terrifying.

Writing is a solitary endeavor, but the community of authors I have the privilege of knowing and calling friends are the most supportive people ever! Thank you, thank you!

I'm also blessed to have an extremely supportive family. Yesterday, my daughter surprised me at work with a bouquet of flowers and 15 balloons (Megan's Men is my 15th book) in the colors of the emblem on my website (which she designed for me)! My hubby came home from work with flowers, a lovely card and a bottle of chapagne!

Here's an excerpt for your enjoyment:


Megan’s Men

Copyright: Tessie Bradford, July 2013

 

“Someone in this hover car owes me an apology,” Loban announced when he settled in the back seat next to Megan.
 

“Oh, fine,” Megan replied. “I’m sorry, okay?”
 

“What have I missed, now?” Rork asked as he engaged the engine and piloted the small craft out of the spaceport.
 

“Megan questioned the clothing I replicated for her.”
 

“I’m practically indecent.”
 

“You’re dressed in the same manner as the Slaterine women you just saw with your own eyes in the terminal.”
 

“But you are far more beautiful,” Garfor said.
 

Rork silently marveled at Garfor’s understatement. Beautiful didn’t come anywhere close to describing her. Having gotten off the ship first in order to handle customs paperwork and bring the car around, he hadn’t seen Megan in her new attire until moments ago. His dick was so hard it ached. The sleeveless, loose-fitting dress fell only a few inches below the curve of her ass. Her legs were long and shapely, and he was going out of his mind thinking about when they’d be wrapped around his hips. If he knew Loban, and he surely did, Megan was wearing only the tiniest of panties, if any.
 

Intense emotions assaulted him as he deftly navigated the rugged terrain of their homeland. His pride was beyond measure at how the Gods had honored them with such an exquisite swaya. They would take care of her, cherish and protect her.
 

If she allows it. The words echoed in his mind for the hundredth time. Rork tightened his grip on the control stick. He’d never imagined that when they found their woman she wouldn’t immediately recognize them as her mates and embrace their life together. Garfor and Loban were the ones who excelled at diplomacy. His strength was in understanding when a situation required action instead of talking and in not being afraid to make that call. Megan would have to get by him if she wanted to leave.
 

Normally, the two-hour journey home was nothing more than a necessary chore.
 

“Oh, oh, look at that!” Megan squealed.
 

Rork briefly took his focus off their path, again, to check out whatever had caught her attention. She was pointing and practically bouncing on the seat. Megan’s exuberance was contagious, and he couldn’t help smiling. The massive rock formation, covered with spike-shaped, blue and purple harissa blooms was definitely remarkable. How had he missed its beauty on all their other trips back and forth in the past?
 

“The harissa plant is pretty to look at, but don’t ever touch it with bare hands. It secretes an enzyme that will have you itching for days.”
 

“How does it grow on the rock?” she asked, draping her arms over the back of the bench seat and leaning forward between him and Garfor.
 

Rork breathed in deeply, savoring the faint, floral scent she was wearing. “That type of rock is the only place the plant grows. They have a symbiotic relationship. At the roots of the harissa, deep in the rock, are deposits of an ore we use in the process to make fuel.”
 

“Can the ore be extracted without killing the plant?”
 

“If it’s done properly by highly trained and sanctioned miners. There are stiff financial penalties to those caught attempting to poach the ore. Is your vocation in the Natural Sciences, Megan?” Rork was anxious to learn every single thing about their woman. 
 

Megan laughed, and the sound was music to his ears. “No, my training is in finance, but I love the outdoors and have quite the green thumb, if I do say so myself. I’ve always had a knack for growing things, nursing stray animals back to health, calming small children, stuff like that. My mom used to tell me I’m a nurturer by nature.”
 

“Garfor told us about the loss of your family.” Rork refused to acknowledge out loud the sorry excuse for a male who had deserted and mistreated her. “You’re not alone anymore. We are going to take care of you from now on.”
 

“Oh my God, seriously?” He felt Megan drop back down into her seat. “As I tried to explain to Garfor before we left Earth, I’m a grown woman. I make my own decisions and am more than capable of taking care of myself.”
 

“Your current circumstance speaks to the opposite.”
 

“Right, stupid me; I didn’t figure out that the nice alien man who offered his help was really a lying kidnapper until it was too late. Lucky for me, he has two henchmen who want to get in on the action.”
 

“Why do you persist in denying the truth of things? It’s a waste of all of our time. You belong with us and will stay with us.”
 
 
Have a wonderful weekend~
Tessie
 

 

 

6 comments:

  1. Megan's Men was a wonderful fantasy ride, I loved it Tessie.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love tantalizing excerpts....Thanks, Jean

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi, Jean~
    I'm glad you enjoyed the excerpt!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love it, sweetie! I tried to go over to RP to buy it, but it looks like my account with them is dead and gone. I'll have to set up a new one.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Fran!! I hope you enjoy Megan's Men!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment.