Visitors

Saturday, July 6, 2013

Working on my next wip...

Romance never grows old...

It can be written in hundreds of ways...it can be sweet and mainline, or hot and sexy. It can be between a male and a female, or multiple characters, both male and female. It can be erotic and it can be downright kinky.  It can be same sex. It can be fantasy or it can be contemporary. But no matter how you like your romance, it is always fulfilling, titillating, and delicious.

I am working on a paranormal romance...hot...erotic...and not a shapeshifter in sight. I am also working on a fantasy erotic romance. I have four that I am shifting between now, so that I won't get worn out by trying so hard to finish one while excluding all the good ideas that keep cropping up as I write.

I am also reading many old reviews of my backlist books. That keeps me working, too...reading the wonderful things that people have written about my earlier books keeps me from getting bogged down in worry.  Anything that helps me stay on track...

I often wonder if others do things like this to stay on target...to remain focused.  What do you do when your mind starts closing down and you just can't think of that next paragraph?  What little tricks do you have up your sleeve?  

Some authors listen to music as they write. I can't. It actually distracts me from what I am writing. I find that I can get going pretty well if I print out an enlarged photo of a man who gets my juices going...and hang it on the wall next to my monitor. Anything that helps is good.

Share what you do when your muse begins to cough and sputter and fizzle out...

Hugs!

Fran Lee

6 comments:

  1. A very long time ago I could write with music. Now I have to do it with no distractions.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I get caught up in the music and can't concentrate on writing...LOL!

      Delete
  2. When I get stuck on a paragraph (or line!), it helps me to read aloud the preceding pages then get up from the computer, pace and talk out whatever issue I'm having.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me, too. I actually read the entire story at times, so that I can integrate new things in the first pages.

      Delete
  3. I keep a photo of the character I'm writing on my desktop and look them in the eye as I write. Each character has instrumental theme song also, that helps me mentally hold the space. I make playlist on Pandora or Youtube and set them on auto-play. I play the music on the lowest setting so it's almost subliminal. It works for me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, it all seems to be working for you, love. you are doing a fabulous job.

      Delete

Thanks for leaving a comment.