Visitors

Thursday, May 30, 2013

A Bit of This and That


I’m feeling a bit unfocused, so posting random thoughts and babblings seems like the right thing to do this week! 
Justin Bieber is bugging the crap out of me. It seems as if every day there’s a report of him behaving like a spoiled, ungrateful brat. If only a quarter of the reports are true, and I bet the fraction is substantially higher, he needs a serious time out. Plus, I saw him interviewed recently, and I could barely understand a word he was saying – apparently he’s trying to sound like it should make sense why he now wears his pants beneath his ass cheeks and grabs his privates while performing.

In my neighborhood parking is only on one side of the street; mine. Why is it I can never park in front of my own house? Usually I know who the cars belong to, and usually their driveways are completely empty!!?
 
I’m greatly enjoying baking bread. Now I don’t do the blooming the yeast thing, I buy plain, frozen dough, but I’ve been experimenting to put my own spin on the final product. Rolling the frozen dough in olive oil, sea salt and granulated garlic before letting it rise makes yummy sandwich bread. I’ve also made cinnamon nutmeg pin wheels and cheddar rosemary puffy rolls.
 
On Tuesday, The Young and the Restless aired a tribute episode to Jeanne Cooper. It was incredibly moving and beautiful. By the end I was crying so hard that my dogs were all up on me trying to help.
 
I turned in Megan’s Men to my editor on Monday, four days early!!!! During the time I was writing it, I woke up consistently in the middle of the night because the story wouldn’t let me go. When I woke up Monday night, the last part of the last scene was replaying in my head. I’m thrilled with the final product, but will greatly miss spending time with Megan, Garfor, Loban and Rork.

My birthday is in December. My older brother John’s birthday is also in December. For many years now, we haven’t exchanged presents, but instead have enjoyed going out for dinner. I’m incredibly excited that after five months of a whole lot of “are you fucking kidding me” in the life department, we are finally going out this weekend to celebrate!!

Have a wonderful weekend~
Tessie
www.tessiebradford.com
 

6 comments:

  1. The Y&R tribute was very emotional. I love the show.
    Yup, I'm done with hearing about Justin Beiber.

    We have a driveway and the people who live across the street from us park directly behind it on their side. Our street isn't that wide. The DH slammed his new car into their older car because he didn't see it in his blind spot. Now that was 2 months ago. They still continue to do it. I'm like WTF.

    Enjoy the belated birthday dinner!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good morning, Amber~
    That sucks about your husband's car! How hard would it be for your neighbors to park theirs a few feet one way or the other?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great news about Megan's Men! Enjoy your birthday dinner with your brother this weekend. It will be extra sweet.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi, Kat!
    I'm really looking forward to hanging out with my brother and sister-in-law outside of my house!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great news about your book! On the other hand I did read about Jeanne Cooper-- my mother loves that soap and I am familiar with her work. Very sad. And yeah, I'm with you on Justin Bieber. Ewwwww.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks, Julia!
    Y&R holds a very special place in my heart. During my angst-filled teenage years, my mom and I were able to spend a half hour, then an hour a day (during school vacations and sick days) not only not fighting, but talking/bonding over the trials and tribulations of the inhabitants of Genoa City!! We kept up with the show over the years. My mom has been gone for ten years now. Watching the clips took me right back, and had me laughing and crying.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment.