Visitors

Saturday, April 27, 2013

Sigh....it's too nice out to be inside...

I wanna be outside with this guy...

It looks so cool and lovely...if I could just get that gorgeous female model to go someplace else.  She would seriously cramp my style.  

My lawn was about eight inches high when my daughter mowed it yesterday.  That's what I get for applying Weed and Feed in December in a snowstorm.  

I just dumped over $4,000 into my car this past couple of days...four new tires, two lower front ball joints and sway bar bushings...and a brand-new transmission.  So much for the "great deal" I got last year on my pretty silver used car.  Never again will I trust a sweetly innocent-looking elderly man selling used cars.  The outside looked marvelous...but within a month, it was shifting rough, chugging, etc.  You can't just get a refund on a used car.  It took a full year to fall apart.  So I will do my best to pay off the car (I still owe $4,000 on it), pay off the loan I took out to fix it, and then I will start hunting for a nice NEW care with a full manufacturer's warranty...one that get about 40 miles to the gallon highway.

So, no...I will not be going to any conventions.  I will not be spending money on things I don't need.  I will get my fanny in gear and write another book so that my royalties will not dwindle to a precious few.  Is that a good enough incentive plan?

LOL!

Hugs!

Fran Lee

   

6 comments:

  1. I would happily spend time with that man outside, inside, anywhere!!
    Cars; gotta have one but oh how they can drain a pocketbook! Hopefully now yours will be repair free for a good long time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The car is fixed and running again...my royalty check was lower than before...gotta get writing! My dryer has decided to die on me. LOL!

      Delete
  2. Bad news about the car... wow. I do love this book cover.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love it, too. Wanna buy a used car with a brand-new transmission? :)

      Delete
  3. Crazy grass, Fran! Sorry to hear about your car but I do love that cover.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, sweetie! How's it going for you lately? Long time, no hear.

      Delete

Thanks for leaving a comment.