Visitors

Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Coming Soon To A Cineplex Near You!



It's coming! The summer movie season starts a little earlier every year and this year is no exception. The  first day of May will fire off the first of the major studios big ticket thrill ride movies. If you love action and are still hooked on your favorite larger than life childhood comic book heroes then I guarantee 2013 will be a summer you'll never forget.


May 1st will offer Ironman 3. I love Robert Downy Jr! He totally owns this franchise. No one can play Tony Stark with cocky charisma the way Robert Downey Jr. can. I can't wait to see this movie seated between my husband and my son! I love watching their faces watch Ironman fly. It's impossible to say who looks like a bigger kid at that moment, my husband or my son. Everyone beams. Ironman is worth every penny.



The next movie will an adult night out with friends who are screenwriters, artists, authors and fans of Baz Luhrman. I love Baz Luhrman, he's quirky and creative. A Luhrman movie is not for everybody but I like them. I'm looking forward to seeing what Luhrman has done with The Great Gatsby. If Lurhman and Leonardo DiCaprio can get me to actually like The Great Gatsby--I'll be impressed.


Last but far from least, the thing I've loved since I was a tiny child-- Star Trek! This current outing looks grim and Trekkies are warned outright by the movie poster, which shows the Enterprise crashing to Earth in flames, that we'd better buckle our seat belts because we're in for a bumpy ride. The title "Star Trek Into Darkness" is a big heads up too. Yes it might be dark but damn it Jim, I'm not staying away! Plus we get Chris Pines as the perfect young Captain James T Kirk. I love him.



This is only just a partial lineup for May! There's a lot more on the way but I'll save those celluloid goodies for another blog. What movies are you looking forward to?
Have a wonderful week.
XXOO Kat

7 comments:

  1. Okay which movie hunks are you looking forward to seeing on a big screen?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, this summer line up is a great one. I'm looking forward to seeing movies this year!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I haven't gone to the movies in months and now it looks like I'll be camping in line for the next few weeks. : )

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love Robert Downey Jr! I love ALL things Star Trek!! Not so much with The Great Gatsby. I agree that will be an incredible feat if Baz and Leo can make it tolerable!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hated the book, but I'm curious to see if The Great Gatsby translates into anything a modern audience can enjoy?

      Delete
  5. Impressive list, Kat. I'm in agreement with you on The Great Gatsby - if Luhrman can make me like it he'll have pulled off a miracle.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm in wait and see mode. Baz Lurhman and his wife are so talented, Years ago I saw Mrs. Lurhman's live stage version of the opera La Boheme, and was visually stunned every minute.

      Delete

Thanks for leaving a comment.