Visitors

Saturday, March 9, 2013

It's almost Daylight Savings Time again...

It's Saturday...and in just a few hours, Daylight Savings Time will leap forward into our lives to wreak havoc once again...but I am ready!

I have already set all my clocks ahead...made certain that my watch is set ahead...and have made it impossible for me to forget like I did last year at this time.  Whew!

So in a few short hours, I will lose another hour of sleep.  I mean, how can I manage on only ten or eleven hours?  It's terrible to get old.  Twelve hours of sleep seems to be about my style lately.  I am told that very young and very ancient people require a LOT of sleep.  So I am either in my second childhood, or I am getting old.  Way old.

How many hours of sleep you YOU need in a day?  Can you get by on four or five? Or do you need a good, round eight?

Hugs!

Fran Lee   

10 comments:

  1. I need about 8, but only manage 4 or 5

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I used to manage on 4 or 5 but now I am making up for it in spades...LOL!

      Delete
  2. It's an adjustment but I love the extra evening hour! The days are too short anyway.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hmmm...another way to lengthen days...how about making 300 days per year with 29.2 hours per day? Let's put it to a vote. :)

      Delete
  3. I need 7 but can occasionally get by on 6. In June, longest days of year, I have insomnia. In winter I sleep like a baby. If I lose too much sleep, I get red eyelids. Not pretty.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey, now...red eyes are considered very pretty by...ummm...vampires and werewolves. You are in with a hot crowd, Afton!

      Delete
  4. I need at least 8 and am a fan of the quick afternoon nap when necessary!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Maybe if I slept 8, then took a four-hour afternoon nap? Sigh. I'll try that. Good suggestion.

      Delete
  5. I hate springing forward. Takes me weeks to adjust!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was really surprised...it took me one day to adjust this time. Maybe it helps when you get to be ancient like me.

      Delete

Thanks for leaving a comment.