Visitors

Tuesday, February 26, 2013

New Books Coming!



Since New Years I’ve really been enjoying having guests at my blog and feeling a little out of practice with keeping up with my own blogging. This is my first real post in weeks.

 So far 2013 has been busy. Two books have been contracted to Ellora’s Cave and a third was submitted several days ago. Another book will be finished soon. So in the near future I’ll be facing four book edits back to back. I hope I survive it.

I received one of the new book covers yesterday and I have to wait to post it, but I’m dying to share it! Receiving a new book cover is always a thrill. It’s one of the most intense little surprises I’ve enjoyed as an adult. I always love seeing how the cover artist interpreted my brief descriptions. I’m very happy with this new cover and I’ll post it next week with a blurb. I’ll also share a little more about it but I am willing to drop a few hints today.

The new book is a contemporary and a historical because the heroine travels back in time to Avignon France 1903 to meet a mysterious artist she’s always fantasied about. This story is also my private fantasy I wish I could do this!

The story is a paranormal with a beneficent witch who casts life-changing spells and there are lots of other magical things including enchanted absinthe and mischievous green fairies.



It’s very sensual and took me deep in the Bohemian world of modern art and a brave new century that hadn’t yet revealed its harsher edges.



My heroine gets to be muse and lover for her dream man and inspires a famous suite of paintings titled “La Fee Verte” the green fairy. How great is that?


Everything is going great for my heroine but as we all know enchantments fade, stipulations come into play and these two soul-bound lovers who belong together suddenly find themselves separated by a gulf of 110 years… 

Beyond that you’ll have to read the book to find out what happens. I really enjoyed writing this story and totally fell in love with my hero and I hope you will too.



XXOO Kat

6 comments:

  1. Good morning, Kat! I'm so looking forward to reading this story!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't wait for you to read this one Tessie, I hope you'll enjoy it.

      Delete
  2. I'm looking forward to this book. It's a mixture of great things. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Amber and thank you for your help.

      Delete
  3. Congrats, Kat! What a productive season for you.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment.