Visitors

Saturday, January 19, 2013

Been sick in bed for a WEEK!

And I've read nearly everything on these shelves...

Good grief!  I have only gotten on my computer like twice? And in those two times, I have read four novels in e-book format?  Sigh.  I wish I could write as fast as I can read.

Don't think I had the flu, even though it's going through my family.  Just a nasty virus that made me want to sleep 20 hours a day and not much else.  No fever.  No chills.  No upper respiratory garbage.  Just tired and yucky.

Hope everyone else is not feeling yucky.  I know we have been having an almost epidemic bout of the various flus this year.  I found something natural that kept us all from getting it last year, but I was the only one of my family that had a slight rash as a reaction to the homeopathic cure.

Ever heard of Lomatium?  It's a plant root that you can pulverize and soak in distilled water, or edible oils or alcohols like vodka or even take in capsules.  It keeps the flu at bay much better than those icky flu shots with all their icky ingredients.  And only one in a thousand has the side affect I mentioned...a roseola type rash that doesn't hurt or irritate...just looks awful.  And I of course was that one in a thousand.  My luck.  I didn't do Lomatium this year, because of that rash...but I think I will be taking it for the next week, rash or no.

You can get it online in a dozen different formulas...I bought a pound of the chopped dried root and pulverized it myself.  Looks like I'll be heading to the liquor store for a pint of Smirnoff's black label.  Soak a teaspoon of the root in a cup of vodka for about ten days, then strain out the soaked material.  A few drops under the tongue (No...not a shot at a time) each day during flu season.

 Shoulda done it right off...but I hate vodka.

Hugs!

Fran Lee 

    

6 comments:

  1. Interesting...thanks for the tip. Hope you're feeling better soon. Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Just had my vodka and Lomatium root cocktail for the day...eeeeewwwww. Ick. But I am feeling much better!

      Delete
  2. I have never heard of this root. I hope you feel better soon.
    XXOO Kat

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I only heard of it by accident. But it certainly works.

      Delete
  3. Wishing you a speedy recovery, Fran! Take care!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment.