Visitors

Tuesday, November 27, 2012

The Next Big Thing Tag Blog


The very talented Cindy Spencer Pape tagged me in her blog. If you love charming, compassionate characters and Steampunk please checkout Cindy’s work here: http://www.cindyspencerpape.com/

I don’t know if it is the next big thing but I’m pretty excited about an upcoming new book series from Ellora’s Cave. Nine other Ellora’s Cave authors and I collaborated on what I think of as the ultimate paranormal erotic adventure. All the stories take place in an enchanted Irish castle, and let me tell you anything goes! All the stories are loosely connected but can be read as stand alones.
What is your working title of your book?
Katalina Leon: I just completed my WIP. It’s a stand alone Ellora’s Cave novel length book. My working title is “Lord Griffin’s Prize”
Where did the idea come from for the book?
Katalina Leon: All the EC authors in this series originally shared the same Irish editor for a few months. The beautiful pictures of Irish hotels she shared with us were highly inspiring. As a group we decided to create a series.
What genre does your book fall under?
Katalina Leon: Paranormal erotic-romance. We’ve got a little bit of everything from shifters to werewolves to vamps.
Which actors would you choose to play your characters in a movie rendition?
Katalina Leon: My dream cast would be a plumper version of Evangeline Lilly to play my heroine and Clive Owen to play my hero.

What is the one-sentence synopsis of your book?
Katalina Leon: A hot shifter trapped under a curse can’t wait to fully become a man again and reclaim his long lost lover.

Will your book be self-published or represented by an agency?
Katalina Leon: The series will be available from Ellora’s Cave Publishing in 2013.
How long did it take you to write the first draft of your manuscript?
Katalina Leon: I took about five weeks to complete. Then I set it aside for a bit and spent another week or two refining it.
What other books would you compare this story to within your genre?
Katalina Leon: That’s a tricky question. I better just tell you a little about the story’s content and allow you to decide. “Lord Griffin’s Prize” has time-travel back to 1332 AD to a castle under siege, a witch’s curse, phantom lovers slipping under the sheets, crazed villains, life or death struggles, abduction and ravishment at the hands of a handsome warlord, forced marriage and true love that spans a 700 year chasm. Pheew! To think my poor heroine thought she was checking into a peaceful hotel!
Who or what inspired you to write this book?
Katalina Leon: The other ladies in the group were so creative and supportive and the natural enchantment of Ireland was a big inspiration too.
What else about your book might pique the reader’s interest?
Katalina Leon: Do you like the idea of being captured and ravished by a handsome war chief who's had his eye on you for years?
I hope you enjoyed the blog.
I’m also hoping to finish another short novel in a week or two. This WIP also has an enchanted time travel theme. My art-loving heroine gets to go back in time to model for her favorite Bohemian artist in 1903. Again, lucky girl!

Thank you for coming by to visit today.
XXOO Kat

(Shush, it’s sort of a secret… All these talented authors have great stuff on the near horizon they’re almost ready to talk about. For sure you’ll want to check out next week’s next big thing!)
I tagged:
Amber Skyze http://www.amberskyze.com/
Susanna Stone http://susannastone.blogspot.ca/
Liz Crowe http://www.brewingpassion.com/
Rea Thomas http://reathomas.wordpress.com/

5 comments:

  1. Does anyone know how to get rid of those awful white blocks around some of the type?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry, Kat, but I just got here myself.

    Anyway, be that as it may, your H&H pics are simply splendid! I might just want to kidnap your hero's identical twin brother for my own delectation.

    And your book, Lord Griffin's Prize, sounds like a prize in itself.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Guess what Susanna? My hero does have a brother and the brother is poking me to write his story... I cannot wait for this series to begin!

      Delete
  3. Oh, I am so on board with your cast, Kat! Your new book sounds soooooo fun!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Julia! Isn't Clive dreamy? He's nicely roughed up.

      Delete

Thanks for leaving a comment.