Visitors

Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Giving Thanks!


With Thanksgiving only a few days away I wanted to take a few moments to give thanks to those who have touched my life over the last year.
To my husband, who stood by me through an excruciating year. We had our ups and downs but his unwavering love pulled me through a very dark period of my life. For those who never experienced postpartum depression, count yourself lucky…for those who have, you have my sympathy. After giving birth to five children I suffered my first and last bout with the disease with this last child. It is one of the most horrifying experiences. My thoughts were not my own. I became a stranger in my own skin. Someone I did not like, so I can only image what my husband felt.
To my writing partner, another rock in my life. Without Katalina I’d be a mess. She helped me through those ups and downs too. Her encouragement of my writing during that time was another reason I came out of the darkness. When she suggested we write a series she didn’t realize the task we were taking on, but it kept my mind off of the ugly and focused on something good.
To all the new friends I’ve made over the last year and the readers who support my writing career. It’s not a career for the faint of heart, so to the handful of people buying my books THANK YOU! :o)
I’d also like to thank Julia and Tessie. Your emails here and there just to say congrats or how are you really brighten my day. I’m blessed to have wonderful friends in this community.
I can't forget my writer friend Marie Rose Dufour. She sought me out online two years ago and I'm so glad she did. We share many common bonds and I'm glad to have a good friend in this small state. I'm also so happy for her writing career taking off.
Lastly I’m thankful for my job. It might be the cause of my current health issues, but I have a great team of doctors who will get the Crohns under control and the stress of the day job will pass. There are too many people without work, so believe me I’m thankful to have an income.
Happy Thanksgiving! 

3 comments:

  1. A very Happy Thanksgiving to you and your family, Amber! I cherish your friendship and support and am so happy I can brighten your day as you do mine!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful post!
    You are amazingly strong and resilient.
    You inspire me.
    XXOO Kat

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Tessie and Kat. I don't know what I'd do without friends like you.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment.