Visitors

Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Code Word "Sky Fall"


Felix Baumgartner stratosphere jumper extraordinaire accomplished the unimaginable this past weekend. He dropped 24 miles from the edge of space, traveling at blistering speeds that at times exceeded the sound barrier, lost it in a harrowing free tumble, and ended the drama gracefully by lightly stepping onto the hard packed earth of Roswell New Mexico as if he were stepping off a curb.  He made it look easy. Go Felix! This was adventure at the ragged edge and exactly the kind of thing that makes me proud to be human.



For all those Right Stuff buffs out there, October 14 is also the day Chuck Yeager broke the sound barrier in the X-1, which was basically a fuel-laden missile with his wife’s nickname “Glamorous Glennis” painted on the side.



The next Sky Fall mention is of the dashing, dangerous 007 kind. Bond is back! Daniel Craig is back! Need I say more? The sale of MGM put the Bond franchise in limbo for a couple of years but Bond 23 or Sky Fall looks like the Broccoli’s are back in business for the foreseeable future. This Bond looks great. Thomas Newman did the score and the snips I’ve heard are gorgeous, classic Bond. You can visit the official site and hear a little for yourself.  Of course Adele’s Sky Fall is lovely! I’ve been playing it a lot.

http://www.skyfall-movie.com/site/

As a few of you know, I’m a nail polish fanatic. I believe nail polish is powerful and fun form of feminine self-expression.  I love nail polish and I love 007 so what do you think happens when the two come together? I start screaming and driving around town hunting it down that’s what!

OPi just introduced the new Sky fall Collection. There are some beauties in this bunch.
 Shade Spotlight: The Living Daylights  This multi-hued glitter lacquer is simply stunning. The large glitter flakes go on sparse and look like city lights when layered over a dark blue hue.



The shade Sky Fall is actually a rich burgundy with a slight hint of bronzy iridescence. It’s stunning. One of the Bond girls has a fabulous manicure of Sky Fall on top and gold painted on the back of her nails. The gold flashes as she moves her hands.

Have a wonderful week! I'm finishing a WIP for Ellora's Cave and getting ready for another rip-roaring NANO this November 1st.

XXOO Kat

7 comments:

  1. The 24 mile skydive boggles my mind!

    As a fellow lover of bold nail fashion, I sense a shopping trip in my near future!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm drooling over the holiday nail polish! Deborah Lippmann now has "Cleopatra In New York" gold polish with BLACK glitter, it's stunning.
      XXOO Kat

      Delete
  2. I love the nail polish! Maybe I'll have to treat myself to some.

    Yes, the skydive was amazing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm going to! The two places I looked yesterday were already sold out of the shades I wanted, dang! I'll try again today.
      I refuse to go to yoga with naked toenails.

      Delete
  3. This is a perfect post, Kat. I love it and I'm now on a mission for that nail polish!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm distracting myself from the pressures of reality with nail polish! : )

      Delete

Thanks for leaving a comment.