Visitors

Saturday, September 8, 2012

New Cover Art!

Don't you think that a well-done cover helps to sell a book?

When I am searching through book shelves and online websites, I can't help but take a second look at covers that grab my imagination and have a sense of drama or sexiness about them. When I see a cover that looks great, I take a moment to read the blurb, then the excerpt.  Yes...I am shallow. LOL!  Looks mean a lot to me when it comes to books.  Unless I know the author and love his or her work, that cover is a real selling point.

Here's a fun contest...go over to my author page on Ellora's Cave's website and look over all my book covers there.  It only takes a moment or so.  Then e-mail me at fran.lee.romance@gmail.com and tell me which one you like best.  If you have bought one of my books because of the cover, tell me that, too.  I have a few fun prizes for those who take the time to enter.  I will accept entries through Saturday September 15th.

Now, I would love to hear from you in comments if you have bought a book based on the cover art.  Are you "shallow" like me, or does the cover not even have any effect on your purchase?  

Hugs!

Fran Lee

14 comments:

  1. A good cover absolutely sells books. I have no doubt on that at all. If it intrigues you on the shelf, you pick it up. it's just that simple.

    And Fran, this is a great one. Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Too true! I love covers that drag you right over and make you click the "buy" button. LOL!

      And thanks!

      Delete
  2. I love your covers. There are several books i won't even read the blurb. If it's a new to me author and the cover is not good, I am so not reading the blurb.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Rhonda! I agree. I love to stare, mesmerized, at gorgeous covers. Yeah.....um...did you say something? Sorry. I was mesmerized there for a minute. :)

      Delete
  3. Fran,
    This cover is stunning!
    "We eat with our eyes first"!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely...even though they say you can't judge book by its cover, you sure as heck will check it out if the cover draws you...

      Delete
  4. I freely admit to buying books based on their covers.
    This is a really lovely cover Fran, congratulations!
    XXOO Kat

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad to hear I am not the only cover-lover! LOL!

      Delete
  5. I admit I picked books from the cover first. I have a hard time going to the blurb if I don't care for the cover - unless it's an author I know. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love this cover! It's beyond sexy and the whole mood of the scene is intriguing and makes me want to find out more. A great cover is worth its weight in gold!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I seldom even pick a book up unless the cover attracts me. I agree!

      Delete
  7. Love sexy covers, and they are definitely a big selling point. However some of my favorite authors have really blah covers, even in erotica. Then I buy for their name, and don't even see the cover..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. When an author has made a name for herself/himself, I agree...the cover is just icing on the cake.

      Delete

Thanks for leaving a comment.