Visitors

Tuesday, July 10, 2012

"The Strix" Is Coming Soon To Loose Id!


Amber and I got our new book cover for "The Strix" last week and we were jumping for joy! I love the gorgeous cover that artist Valerie Tibbs designed for us. The eyelashes on this man really get to me.

I also have a beautiful slightly spooky book trailer coming soon that I hope to have posted in the next couple of days.

Meanwhile the countdown continues. The Strix will be released next Tuesday July 17th
from Loose Id Publishing. We are really looking forward to sharing this book.

Blurb: The Strix


A cursed amber amulet unearthed in Pompeii flings Arcona into a past life of witchcraft, bloodshed, revenge and sexual slavery to the cruel Master of a gladiatorial school. This violent parallel world is populated with “Slayers,” blood-drinking immortals devoted to the gods of war and mayhem.

As a Strix, or malignant witch, Arcona once used sex and blood rituals to create a race of immortal warriors to unleash on Rome. Now it’s time to pay.

The gladiator Tyr was one desperately lonely lover she betrayed. Against his will, she turned him into Upir Likhyi, a foul vampire. For two millennia he’s lived a grim existence as a Slayer, in constant sexual arousal yet denied release; now, he's pissed off and wants revenge. He kidnaps Arcona planning to drink her dry and break the curse. 

Along the way Arcona and Tyr relive their sexual slavery at the hands of Rome and blood sport in the arena, but the real magic is they forgive and fall in love. 

Too bad another Slayer wants them dead.

In other news...


"Something  Wicked This Way Comes Volume 2", which includes one of my stories "Asterion" is available today in PRINT! from Ellora's Cave Publishing.

http://www.jasminejade.com/p-10221-something-wicked-this-way-comes-volume-2.aspx

Have a wonderful week!
XXOO Kat

14 comments:

  1. Where is the time going? These past weeks have evaporated in a blur of hard work. Yikes.
    XXOO Kat

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't wait. I've been wracking my brain about the title since first seeing the gorgeous cover. Now, that it's been explain, I can't wait to read the book more!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Marie! I found the Strix mentioned in ancient mythology and I really wanted to write my own character who gets pulled into the mayhem and then tries to redeem herself.
      XXOO Kat

      Delete
  3. I can't believe our "little" idea will be released in less than a week. I'm so excited and love the cover. Valerie will always have my business as long as she creates such awesome covers.

    Congrats on the print book. I still have to read this book. Soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm in love with Valerie! I pray we get her for the rest of the series.
      It's is funny how that little NANO idea took on a much bigger life. I sure enjoyed this process.
      XXOO Kat

      Delete
  4. Wow - gorgeous cover - awesome story - congrats to both of you!! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Tina, and congratulations on your new series too!
      XXOO Kat

      Delete
  5. Interesting... Unique concept. I like it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Julia! This one was fun to write, I'm very proud of it.
      XXOO Kat

      Delete
  6. I'm so looking forward to reading The Strix! Congratulations Kat and Amber!

    And Happy Print Release Day, Kat!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. heavens how amazingly creative!! wow! congrats ladies! here is to many sales.
    Liz

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Liz! Thank you there are three more crazy plot stories to these series. There are so much fun to write.
      XXOO Kat

      Delete

Thanks for leaving a comment.