Visitors

Saturday, July 14, 2012

Ah...it's Bastille Day...


July 14th is Bastille Day...
French Independence Day...

And I just learned that Never Tempt Fate will be released from Ellora's Cave on September 26, 2012!  I guess you could say that when I got my rights back on three of my earlier books from another publisher that I declared my own Independence Day.  

It's hard to find a publisher and fall in love with them, only to realize that there are drawbacks publishing with them...the main one being that they don't have the wide base of readers and exposure needed to sell your books for you.  They were a fairly new publisher, and were working hard to make the grade. I loved the people. It was one of the toughest decisions I have had to make, deciding to ask for my rights back on the three books they published with me.  I loved being with them...but these three books deserved a second chance at life after three years of pitifully sad sales.

I will always thank them for taking a chance on an unknown author who loved to write long books in spite of warnings that full-length e-books never sell well...and I will always think of them as friends.  At first I figured I would go the self publishing route and sell these books with minor revisions and great covers, but I felt that my first publisher, Ellora's Cave, might like them this time around, since longer novels are becoming more fashionable.

So all three of these earlier books have found a new home, and will be published by end of year.

So, if you are French...love French pastry...or even like to French-kiss...have a marvelous Independence Day!  And please don't forget to drop over to my website to drop your entry in my My Sexy Sensei pre-release giveaway before July 27th.  If you happen to be my fan over on Facebook, you are eligible for a second giveaway. So be sure to get your entries in before release day.  Um...The FB prizes are fabulous.

Hugs to all!

Fran Lee

7 comments:

  1. Fran, I love this cover!
    XXOO Kat

    ReplyDelete
  2. Me, too, sweetie! Thanks for coming by. It's nice to hear from my friends...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow - what a cover - is that Jimmy???

    Congrats on your release - may you burn up the net with your sales!! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Fingers (and toes) crossed, love. Thanks so much!

      Delete
    2. Yep...two of them have Jimmy. :)

      Delete
  4. It's wonderful that your three books are being released again, Fran!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sigh...I am thrilled. Thanks, love.

      Delete

Thanks for leaving a comment.