Visitors

Wednesday, June 27, 2012

What Was I Thinking? Oh That's Right I Wasn't Thinking At All...

This is Edvard Munch's masterpiece The Scream and it sums up my summer so far.
I'm going nuts. I have three books going at once, all have strict deadlines and I'm supposed to be doing final-line edits on one of them right now instead of blogging.

Writing three books at once is like driving three cars across country. I'm constantly stopping to jump out of one and run back for the other two. Progress is being made but it ain't easy.

The good news is I've arrived at a desperate enough place that it seems like a good idea to let my inner rebellious teenager run the show while I work.

That's right I'm allowing my inner teen to make the day to day decisions about all the little things that don't really matter. If she wants to paint our toe nails blue-black and add blue glitter I let her do it.

If I don't feel like making dinner because I can't stop, she makes healthy snacks and calls it dinner without complaining. My inner teen is a crazed rock-n roller and insists we play guitar heavy music while we work and indulge in crushes on rock stars. She actually surprised by me by introducing me  to gritty industrial goth rock and we found out that worked too. I think she's become obsessed with Trent Reznor and she's determined to pull me in too. She has all the energy in the world and is still naive enough to believe it will all work out for the best. 


(Shush don't tell her...)


My actual teen years were no utopia. They were hard but I do remember how good it felt to approach new or challenging situations without expectations. Back then I was open minded, optimistic and genuinely curious. I was always ready to give 100% to what I did without any guarantees. That's the part of me I want back. The part that gets excited and says yes to adventure without talking herself out of it of a little harmless fun.  


Is there anything from your past that is asking to be part of your present again?


XXOO Kat

7 comments:

  1. Hello everyone thank you for stopping by.
    Who has a confession to share?
    XXOO Kat

    ReplyDelete
  2. No I!!!!

    I do know how much you're busting your butt though. I wish there were something I could do to help relieve the stress.
    It's like be hog-tied, blind folded and oh wait that's my heroine.

    You have Trent and I have Sully Erna from Godsmack. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you Amber! I'm actually enjoying myself now that I've accepted the situation. It's exciting and we do have rock 'n roll so that helps!
    XXOO Kat

    ReplyDelete
  4. Three books at one time??!!??
    Obviously you're ultra adventurous and willing to challenge yourself to the max!
    You can do it, Kat!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Tessie. It is an adventure and I hope to have something worthwhile to show for my efforts very soon!
      XXOO Kat

      Delete
  5. Not laughing at you, laughing with you! Yes, set her free! She needs to run the show for the time being. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Julia! Someone energetic and (ahem..) a little stupid needs to be charge of these shenanigans and I tap "her". : )
      XXOO Kat

      Delete

Thanks for leaving a comment.