Thursday, February 16, 2012
What with Valentine's Day happening this week and being bombarded with all things hearts and flowers, I find it extremely humorous that recently many of the 'loves' of my life are not filling me with the warm and fuzzies!!!
1. I love being an author even though it causes me fits when I'm unproductive.
2. I love my puppy, Butch, even though his newest behavioral quirk is attempting to dig to the center of the Earth throughout my back yard.
3. I love being a wife even though hubby sometimes bugs the crap out of me.
4. I love being a mom even though my offspring go out of their way to not hear the miraculous pearls of wisdom I impart.
5. I love my day job even though I'm ultra-stressed by new responsibilities.
Love is not always a splendored thing!! It takes work, is unpredictable, and damn difficult!
I was watching the movie Parenthood (a favorite of mine) the other night. Close to the end, the grandmother tells a wonderful story about comparing the thrills and chills of a roller coaster to the safety and boring-ness of a merry-go-round. That scene never ceases to bring me to tears.
I love the character of Karen Buchman (Mary Steenburgen). "Life is messy", and "I happen to LIKE the roller coaster." are quotes that play through my mind on a regular basis.
Have a wonderful weekend!