Visitors

Monday, January 16, 2012

Short shorts! Can you do 'em?

Oh be still my heart: to write a short story and have it be a complete piece of fiction!
Can you?
I did.
And when you read it, hopefully you will think I did well.
BE MINE is a bit of 5000 words. Coming soon from DECADENT PUBLISHING and a request for the girls in the TOYS-4-US gang of 7 from that publisher!  The stories, all 7, debut for Valentine's Day.

But on to the challenge!
We were to fulfill the requirements of a short story with LOTS OF HOT HOT HOT sex in 5K. Pant, pant.
Not easy.
Sure. You can write a scorcher of a sex scene, but that ain't good fiction. EVER.
I came up with a story line that I loved: a man who had a plan to meet the woman he had adored LAST year on Valentine's Day.
The 7 of us decided that the stories would be set in Georgetown in Washington, D.C. and that every one of the heroes or heroines had to walk into Valentino's gourmet wine and food shop in a blizzard!
Ever try to write a short short? With or without your buddies? For a series? The demand is growing.
So here's your challenge!
Give us a one-liner, then sit down and see if you can do it in 5 K or less!  Let us know!

3 comments:

  1. Congrats! I'll bet the story will be fabulous. I love shorts. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sure you did great Cerise! Flash and short fiction is its own separate art form. I love it and can appreciate how tough it is to pull off!
    Is the "Barsoom series" a reference to Edgar Rice Bourrghs?
    XXOO Kat

    ReplyDelete
  3. Giant congrats on your upcoming release, Cerise! I'm working on my third Resplendence Erotic Gem (under 6k) story. Crafting a short short is quite a challenge, but also I find it creatively stimulating!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment.