Visitors

Tuesday, January 17, 2012

New Year New Editor

Thank you Mary M!



I’m the sort of author editors were invented for. No doubt about it, I need a good editor. So it came with sadness earlier this week that I received an email from my editor Mary Moran that after eight years of service at Ellora’s Cave, she will be moving on to other ventures.

Mary was a huge help to me. She edited six of my Ellora’s Cave books, and they were tough books to edit. We tackled Latin in the ancient world and Voodoo in the Bayou. One book needed to be taken completely apart and put back together, but it was worth it because it ended up being a far better book. I learned a lot from Mary and I’m grateful I had the experience of working with her. We never met face to face but I sincerely hope our paths cross again, somehow, someday.

Mary if you ever drop by and read this, I want to say thank you for your patience, input and assistance. It meant so much to me.


I have since been reassigned to April Chapman and I’m delighted to be offered the opportunity to work with her. I already know I’m going to love her. Now I need to finish some stories for Ellora’s Cave so we can work together. Fear not I write slowly but I am working. I already have a few spin-offs, which are well underway.

2012 has already offered me so many changes it’s a bit dizzying.  My day job has gone nuts, which I’m very grateful for. No complaints there, I need the work. It’s just tough to keep up with everything.

How is your new year going?

XXOO Kat

9 comments:

  1. It's difficult to face change but I'm also excited to try something new!
    I do wish Mary M the very best.
    XXOO Kat

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, nice NEW year - it's always a pleasure to start fresh, even if you've been with someone for a while. I'm excited to read all those new stories

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Julia! Thank you for visiting, Happy 2012 to you too!
    Now I have to finish those new stories... that's always the tough part for me.
    XXOO Kat

    ReplyDelete
  4. Can't wait to read your new stories, Kat!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Tessie! I can't wait to read more of your stories. You've mastered the short fiction format so beautifully!
    XXOO Kat

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Cerise, you're a Mistress of the short fiction format too!
    XXOO Kat

    ReplyDelete
  7. Can't wait to read what you have coming. Change is good but I understand. Working with someone new will make you grow as a writer. I'm sure you'll have a great connection with your new editor.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Marie! I think this will be a positive change for everyone. It's already off to a good start.
    XXOO Kat

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment.