Visitors

Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Happy New Year!

Okay, so for 2012 I decided I would spend more time at my desk and try to be more productive. I have one word for my progress/process – discombobulated. I’m finding it hard to get used to this new routine. I’m not really sure why either.

Honestly I should be sitting at my desk…I have a day job. They might get mad if I’m not doing it. But I’m not looking at my two work laptops. I’m concentrating on the desktop. I’ve decided to take a magazine writing class, which started yesterday. Although I’ve been doing this type of writing for years, I felt like I was in a rut. I needed to shake things up, so hopefully this will help.

I don’t like to make resolutions because I’m such a procrastinator that I know I’d fail. So I make a few goals and pray for the best. This year my only “true” goal is to complete the full length contemporary romance I’m writing in time for the RWA NEC Conference in April. I’ve scheduled two agent appointments and would like to pitch this book. And hey, if they don’t want it there’s always self-publishing.  I watch my friends in amazement at how much money they’re making and how many books they’re selling.

I have to say since self-publishing my two Christmas stories I’ve sold more in the 3 weeks than I did in the 3 years they were at Aspen Mountain. Well, what I was told I sold. Something tells me I sold more.

So please bear with me as I adjust to my new routine. I also want to promote more. I’m hoping to get my newsletter up and running by the 15th. I’ll be giving away a ton of swag to those interested.

Did you make any resolutions or goals for 2012? Please share them with us!

6 comments:

  1. Much good luck with the contemporary romance, Amber!!
    I don't make New Years resolutions but at the start of each year, I do try to think about things I want to accomplish/learn/change etc.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had to (sadly) laugh at your statement that you are discombobulated. Me, too!
    I have so much LITTLE STUFF to do that I cannot get my head around it all.
    I want to take my arm and sweep the desk. SEE SOME WOOD, by god!
    Start anew.
    really and truly.
    But my engine is in neutral.
    BAAAAAAAAA!

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL Thanks Cerise. I'm glad I'm not alone.

    Thanks Tessie. I'm with ya. I don't like resolutions.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Amber you are doing and learning so much these days its amazing! Please give yourself credit for doing a great job.
    Maybe being a little discombobulated is the way to go? lol
    XXOO Kat

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good luck with your self-pubbed books, Amber, and happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm giving myself some credit, Kat. I'm just lost. LOL

    Thanks Julia! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment.