Visitors

Tuesday, January 3, 2012

2012 Off To A Great Start!


So far this has been a great week. I started my 2012 celebration a bit early. In the late afternoon of Dec 31st, I wrote the final lines on two WIPs I had started this fall. I really wanted to finish those WIPs by the end of the year and it felt so good to reach that goal. One story is a paranormal and came in at 66k and one is a very romantic contemporary that rolled in at 47k. Both need to be proofed and polished but I was really happy to end the year by completing those 1st drafts.


I’m reading the new Ellora’s Cave anthology “Something Wicked This Way Comes Volume 1” and loving it! I’m reading the stories in order and I can promise you, so far this anthology is good! It’s a perfect sampling of six very talented and diverse Ellora’s Cave authors. I highly recommend this anthology to anyone who enjoys erotic-romance, variety and short fiction.

Buy Link: http://www.jasminejade.com/p-9698-something-wicked-this-way-comes-volume-1.aspx

My husband and I are celebrating our wedding anniversary today. Our first wedding ceremony took place way back when, at dawn, on top of a seaside pyramid in the Yucatan.

We planned to marry in a Spanish colonial cathedral on New Year’s Day, but that plan went terribly wrong. Several days later, with no bath in two days, wearing Levi’s and boots and smelling of monkeys (don’t ask why…) we got married on top of a pyramid instead.


Later, that day I was treated to an all day smelly, subterranean tromp through twisting limestone caves to look at bats. As we were scrambling around in the semi-darkness, I was so scared I was going to lose my new wedding ring in bat guano. Fun honeymoon, huh? Do I trust my husband to plan important events? No. Do I still love him? Yes, absolutely!


We are celebrating tonight by setting the alarm for 3 am and going out to watch the Quadrantid meteor shower together with a thermos of coffee. It’s supposed to be a great meteor display with a few “earthgrazers” to light up the sky and add a little color and excitement to a cold, dark pre-dawn sky. If you live on the East Coast and wake –up early, you could be treated to 60-70 meteors an hour—lucky you!

I hope this year is off to a good start for you.

XXOO Kat

10 comments:

  1. I hope we see some earthgrazers. I've seen a few recently and they are spectacular! One turned a swath of sky turquoise, for a moment.
    XXOO Kat

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Anniversary! You certainly have a story there! Congrats on the finishing the two WIP's. You are truly my hero!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy New Year Marie! I'm so slow to finish WIPs, I have so many going in several different genres-it's like herding cats! lol
    XXOO Kat

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Anniversary Kat! I love your story. It's what makes true romance. :)

    Congrats on finishing the two wips.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you Amber! Now we have to edit, polish and proof. Not so fun...lol
    XXOO Kat

    ReplyDelete
  6. The meteor shower was a dud in our area! A marine layer and city lights might be to blame. We started watching at 11pm and it didn't really happen, too bad. But I enjoyed the extra time and conversation with my hubby.
    XXOO Kat

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey, Kat - how was the meteor shower? Missed it.
    Happy belated anniversary!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you Julia, the anniversary was great! However, the meteor shower just wasn't happening on the west coast... too bad for us.
    XXOO Kat

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment.