Visitors

Monday, December 26, 2011

Holiday Pick-me-Ups! Got any?

My fave~The Coca Cola Version!
Santa get the drop on you?
Today, we're done, right? Done in...or just DONE.
In this hectic time each year, I try to put in a few things for moi that include time to R&R.
(And btw, did I tell you that within a 20 day period at our house, we have Christmas, Wedding Anniversary, New Year's, Birthday 1 and yes, Birthday 2?)
We NEED to chill.
My fave way?
A massage. Okay, so the $$$ is tight, but half an hour of an upper body rub is just my style and my budget.
Another is...SOUP.
Home made vegetable. Easy. Buy it all. Good stock. Saute the garlic and onions, chop up all stuff, throw it in the pot. Good for getting the love handles to feel less globular.
A trip to the gym. One. Twenty minutes. No hour long circuit, thanks. Just the good stuff. Once is enuf, cuz I'm already pooped.
And for the house?
No dusting. Just clean the kitchen, yeah, floors, too. All that other stuff can WAIT.
In January, I'll have my wind back. Plus it may snow, right? (okay, so. not so much in Texas. But I can dream, can't it? Use the excuse.)
How are you good to yourself during this season?

4 comments:

  1. I'm with you for the R&R. I'm pooped. I'm so glad I'm on vacation so I can recharge.
    We have 1 Birthday, Christmas and an Anniversary in Dec. Too much. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Homemade soup saves the day in our house. I can make it and everyone can serve themselves as they like.
    The massage? That's just a beautiful dream...! I would love one.
    XXOO Kat

    ReplyDelete
  3. I try and make time to put my feet up and read a book!
    Cleaning is always the first thing I axe off my to do list when things get busy!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. We all need time out after the rush and bustle of the holiday...hot lush soup...decadent hot chocolate heaped with marshmallows and cinnamon...mulled wine with cinnamon sticks and blueberries...apple cider with fresh lime and a dollop of brandy...oh, yeaaaahhhh.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment.