Visitors

Thursday, December 22, 2011

Focusing on the Positive!


I apologize for being awol recently. A ton of stuff has been going on in my world; some wonderful, some God-awful. I now choose to focus on the wonderful!

My family has been blessed with a new addition. In early November, our Animal Control Officer asked for my family's help with a starving, beaten, terrified Chihuahua mix who even the rescues thought was most likely beyond saving. We met him and knew he was meant to be with us. My hubby, daughter and I spent every moment we could working with him at the shelter.
Butch, 16 pounds of lovey goodness, came home the night before Thanksgiving. We are big dog people. Our Maggie and Rex are 85 and 65 pounds and they were a bit confused as to what the hell we'd brought into the house, but within a couple of days, everyone was getting along just fine!
We think Butch's mix is part cat (he sits on the front windowsill to look outside), part squirrel (he sits up on his back feet with his nose in the air), part gerbil (he nibbles on anything fabric), and part jumping bean (he leaps from the floor to our shoulders when he wants to be held)!!
His physical wounds are healed and his fear reactions are diminishing every day. He is a true character who makes us all smile and laugh and we know how incredibly lucky we are to have him in our life.

I'm very excited to announce that Getting Down To Business releases March 14, 2012!

Emily's Destiny received a 5/5 star review!
http://www.mizlovelovesbooks.com/2011/12/emilys-destiny-by-tessie-bradford.html


I wish everyone a very, very Merry Christmas!

Tessie
www.tessiebradford.com


5 comments:

  1. Merry Christmas, Tessie.

    Your family is a true blessing for the dog. It warms my heart when I hear stories like that.

    Congrats on the great review.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Amber!!
    My love to you and your family - enjoy the holidays!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations Tessie on the great reviews you've received and for your new love, Butch! I'm so happy you all found each other.
    XXOO Kat

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment.