Visitors

Thursday, November 10, 2011

What Do I Listen To?



Thanks, Kat, for giving me a subject to blog about!! In her post yesterday, she asked what songs a person might select to go with the new vibrator that syncs with a music playing device. I offered “Loves My Cock” by Jackyl. This was her response:


“Tessie, I insist you blog about what's on your iPod. You're such a nice lady but frankly I suspect you have a lot of nasty hot-ass heavy metal melting your music files... lol Go Rockers!”



Get ready to laugh, everyone – I don’t have an iPod, MP3 player, or any other such high-tech device. I listen to music in the car, or on my stereo/cd player through giant headphones that cover my entire ears. And although I don’t use it often due to sound quality, I still have a working turntable and record albums!!



Now the “nasty hot-ass heavy metal” is dead on (so is the ‘nice lady’ if I’m having a good day)!! I’ve been a head banger since before the term existed. I listen to most genres of music, but loud hard-driving heavy beats, raunchy lyrics and potentially riot inducing messages have always been my favorites. It completely weirds people out since I definitely don’t look the part! Kinda like the whole being an Erotic Romance Author thing. The other day I scared the crap out of a co-worker when I started my car with the windows down and M&M blasted through the parking lot!



Going to concerts is one of my favorite recreational activities. There are certain groups or individuals I see every chance I get, but I also really enjoy discovering newer acts. My brother is my concert buddy, and nowadays the first thing we have to do is scope out people older than us before we can settle in and get our freak on. At shows like KISS, Motley Crew, Aerosmith, Tesla, Poison and Metallica, it’s not a problem. But it takes a minute longer at shows like Good Charlotte, Linkin Park, Marilyn Manson, BuckCherry and Rage Against the Machine.



In closing, please allow me to again mention Jackyl. They haven’t had a new CD in a while but still occasionally tour.  A lot of people are unfamiliar with them, but if you like southern rock, I highly recommend checking out their stuff. A band that uses a chainsaw as an instrument, discharges weapons on stage, and uses the word jizz in a song should not be missed!!!! I’ve seen them 13 times in concert. Many years ago, after seeing them for the first time, I wrote a very eloquent fan letter that garnered me a back stage pass for life!!



Have a great weekend!

Tessie



7 comments:

  1. I'm with you Tessie. The other day I picked my daughter up at school. She was with two of her friends and I had Disturbed cranked. She was laughing so hard and wouldn't open the door. She was embarrassed her mom was a rocker! :) Now my son and I have gone to Ozfest together. We've seen Korn, Metallica, Linkin Park, Limp Bizkit...just to name a few.
    I don't think I'll ever tire of seeing Kiss in concert. I could go on and on, but I won't. :)

    Amber

    ReplyDelete
  2. Me too! I love that my son is getting to the age that we can share music. I'm an old (old being literal) Stone Temple Pilots girl! STP still tours and I proudly wear my "Sex-type-thing" tee-shirt to yoga.
    My fear or prediction is I will eventually end up on a cruise ship with other hard rock seniors for a metal fest cruise... and endless buffet, or maybe that's heaven. lol
    XXOO Kat

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amber,
    I can't believe I forgot to mention Korn! Jonathan Davis is the only guy I've ever seen who was scary (in a good way) while wearing a leather skirt!!!! When I saw KISS on their last "farewell" tour, we had 5th row seats - it was incredible.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kat,
    I've never seen STP, but would jump at the opportunity to do so!
    I started taking my daughter to concerts when she was about 10 (much to the dismay of my parents and in-laws!) Being part of her excitement and awe as she watched the Backstreet Boys, Britney Spears and Ricky Martin was amazing!
    I must admit though, when she hit her angst-filled/everything black/chain-wearing phase, the concerts were more to my liking (and even more upsetting to said grandparents)!!

    And PLEASE sign me up for the senior metal- fest cruise!! I have a suspicion that "buffet" might encompass more than food!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm thinking a Metal Fest cruise might be in the future after all! lol
    XXOO Kat

    ReplyDelete
  6. tee-hee on the head banger bit!
    I shocked myself a few months ago when I started to go to DANCE JAM on Saturday's at my fitness club. TRUST ME, I am the oldest broad in this jumping class. When I leave, I am drenched. And yeah, I am now addicted to the music.
    Everybody in the house tonight, everybody gonna have a good time.
    party all night, drink all day.
    addicted. crazy lady.
    a bit more toned, too!!!!!
    what the hell.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Cerise,
    Go You for putting fun dance music to good use!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment.