Visitors

Tuesday, November 1, 2011

NaNo Challenge

Today is the start of NaNo. In the past four years I’ve gone into the challenge with guns blazing. I’ve also managed to finish three books over 50k. Where are those three books? Sitting in the drawer of my desk. I’ve never edited them and subbed them to anyone. It’s sad really. Actually that’s a lie. I did edit the first thirty pages of one and subbed to my editor to see if it was worth finishing the edits. The book was written in 1st person and while she loved the premise she said it needed a lot of editing. I gave up on it. I did attempt to change it to 3rd person, but that fell by the wayside.
Here’s the thing…I loved the premise too. That’s why I wrote it in the first place.
This year I’m going in with my guns half-blazing. LOL I plan to complete a book, but one of only 20-25k. I don’t have time for stress and trying to reach a 50k goal would stress me out. This is also the first paranormal book I’ve ever written.
Someday I’ll go back to one of those full length novels and edit it, but for now I’m happy with my writing life. It works for me.
How about you? Will you be taking the NaNo Challenge?

4 comments:

  1. You're going to do great! Quality trumps quantity every time! I love your ideas and I know this book will get subbed.
    XXOO Kat

    ReplyDelete
  2. You'll make your goal. I believe in you and the story you are writing!!!! Not only will it get subbed but I predict a contract too!!! It would be too much stress for me to write 50K unless the story brought me there. But 20-25 is doable.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You Can Do It, Amber!!!
    20-25k in a month is a tremendous accomplishment!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Ladies! It's really going to help that I have someone reading it every few days to keep me on track! :)

    Amber

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment.