Visitors

Saturday, October 15, 2011

Am I Becoming a Cougar? Nah....


Mmmmm..well....maybe....

I have discovered a marked preference for younger men...probably because the men my age are all too doddering and elderly to even know what to do with a female. LOL!  And younger men seem to find me...like I am a younger-guy-magnet or something.  Now, don't get me wrong...I certainly don't mind having younger men drooling after me.  I just wish these younger men were not all on Facebook, and all of them weren't looking for a hot romance author thinking she is some sort of love goddess or somethin'...


Sheesh!  Tonight I had a 27 year old from Nairobi asking me if he come see me when he visits the US later this year. NO!  NOT!  No frickin' way, kid...I can handle a guy maybe 20 years my junior...but one less than half my age is just out of the question.  BTW...what was the question? I tend to ramble.  Oh! Yeah!  Younger men.

I even changed my Facebook photo from the one I had taken at age 19 (because I figured I'd had about enough of these babes-in-arms asking if I was married and if I was lookin')...and I put on one that I took that night, making faces into my mirror for just the right expression.  No makeup.  Hair stick straight.  Bifocals firmly plastered over my face.  But did that deter the little snips?


No.  They seemed to like me older than younger.  No accounting for taste, I suppose.  I have to give them credit...they have guts to start schmoozing up to a woman old enough to be their mom...or their grandmom. Anyway, after totally discouraging the great majority of them, I just stopped bothering to answer them, and started deleting them from my friends list on Facebook.  Figured that would stop the little buggers.


Nope.  At a recent romance convention, I found myself once again having to dodge, bob, and weave.  And this guy was up close and personal. LOL!  Of course, I just let him play and then told him to go jump in a lake. The more I think back, I should've dragged the littler bugger upstairs for a go-round, but I didn't.  I am a lady, after all. Not a tart. (I heard that...)

Anyway, despite my timidity and aversion to getting involved with guys half my age, I finally decided...what the heck?  Don't knock it if you haven't tried it.  I found that I will certainly never knock it again. 


Anyway, I still don't think I have achieved full cougar status. But I'm workin' on it. 


Oh...you have no idea what a cougar is?  Well, read my book, Nothing but Sex.  That ought to explain it.


You have a wonderful day!

Hugs!

Fran Lee

2 comments:

  1. Raaaawwwr! Big game hunting in the wild kingdom how fun!
    Fran, never, pass up a research opportunity, it's the professional thing to do. lol
    XXOO Kat

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment.