Visitors

Thursday, September 22, 2011

Getting It Done!!





As you read this today, I am sequestered in my writer's cave, ignoring family, friends and the outside world in general - deep, deep, (did I mention deep?) in edits for Emily's Destiny! I'm beyond thrilled at the recent news that it will release November 30th!!



I've had the priveledge of working with a number of editors during my career. I count on and appreciate their input and expertise, and have learned a great deal from each and every one of them.


When I turned in Emily's Destiny, I, of course, loved it, but knew deep down it still needed that ever-elusive 'something' to take it to the next level. (So did my beloved critque partner, and I appreciate her not getting annoyed with me for having an itchy 'send' finger.)


Luckily, once again, I find myself working with an editor willing to take the time to teach, mentor, and encourage me to be a better author.


Edits are rarely easy, and I always set near impossible completion deadlines -this time I allowed myself only one week, tomorrow is D-day - but I am seriously inspired/excited/dedicated to giving Emily the destiny she deserves!


Enjoy a fantastic weekend, everyone!


Tessie


www.tessiebradford.com




7 comments:

  1. I know you can get it done. I just finished intense edits myself. First round edits anyway. I'm sure I'll have more soon! :)

    Can't wait to read your new story, Tessie.

    Amber

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on finishing your edits, Amber! Intense is a perfect descriptive term for the process.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Edits are a nerve racking experience aren't they?
    I love your work and I'm so happy your editor does too. You're on a roll!
    I know for fact your fans will be very happy this autumn with all the (very sexy!) new Tessie Bradford stories headed our way.
    I think you're doing great, I send you my love and best wishes on D-day!
    XXOO Kat

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks, Kat!
    D-day is going very, very, very slowly!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks, Julia! My hubby just dropped in to remind me that I need to move around once in a while to maintain circulation in my legs!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. OH, you go, gurl!
    Edits are the mind-broadening experience. Not to be missed. And a good editor, who does more than line edit?
    A GIFT.
    Happy working!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment.