Visitors

Thursday, September 29, 2011




The Dedication/Acknowledgement page at the front of a book is a meaningful way to recognize those who have played a part in the creative process. Due to its importance, I then must stress about it!


I’d like to thank the Academy, all the regular people, my sixth grade teacher, the Creator, my soul mate, whoever invented the internet… When I write the dedication for a book, the last thing I want to sound like is an award recipient who needs to be cut off by the musical ‘hook’ due to nonsensical rambling!!

There’s also the issue of being repetitive – I have a relatively small circle of friends and family. My hubby is more than content with the number of shout outs he’s received. Certain people have actually turned down the opportunity to be a dedicatee!?!! One of my books has no dedication due to the fact that writing it was delaying the project, and I’ve even dedicated one to myself!

I kind of like the ones with code; initials, abbreviations, inside jokes or references nobody understands, but I can’t do that too often or readers will just think I’m crazy.



Dedication
For my daughter, who suggested I blog about writing dedications.


Have a wonderful weekend!


Tessie


www.tessiebradford.com


4 comments:

  1. Your daughter, as usual had a great idea!
    XXOO Kat

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great idea from your daughter. I have a hard time with dedications.

    Amber Skyze

    ReplyDelete
  3. :) Tessie! Email me and borrow my site for your promos. Please! juliarachelbarrett(at)gmail(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Whooot to your daughter, and whoot to you for dedicating this to her! I dedicate all my books...one was dedicated to all of you!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment.