Visitors

Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Something Wicked This Way Comes... is coming!


I love working independently but there’s something super special about a group project. That’s why I’m so excited to be included in the upcoming Ellora’s Cave anthology “Something Wicked This Way Comes”.

This is a double treat for me because it was Jaid Black who inspired me to start writing erotic-romance in the first place. Being chosen by her and included in the same volume with one of her stories is a huge honor for me.

It's an honor to have my name anywhere near Diana Hunter. Her amazing book “Secret Submission” was one of my first Ellora’s Cave purchases several years ago. That book is so good and so honest a portrayal of a BDSM lifestyle relationship-it’s burned into my mind. Thank you Diana for writing that book.

Aubrey Ross is so inventive and original; she blows me away and makes me wish I thought of her ideas first! lol

Regina Carlysle is a wonder. The quality and intensity of her stories never falters-She’s always a 5 star read. How does she do it?

If you’re acquainted with Ellora’s Cave Publishing you already know Laurann Dohner is a phenomenon that needs no explanation. Her writing is visceral, hot and punches all the right buttons.

Am I shocked to be in this company? Yes I am! But I’m also mighty grateful.

The other wonderful thing about this anthology is the reference to one of my absolute favorite authors of short fiction—Ray Bradbury.

As a disenfranchised teen I poured over Ray Bradbury’s books at our local library on a weekly basis. I read and reread the many groundbreaking Science fiction anthologies he and Isaac Asimov edited and contributed to. An immense love and respect for the short fiction format was instilled in me.

This is a quote from my spiritual mentor Ray Bradbury (who just turned 91 August 22!)

"Libraries raised me. I don’t believe in colleges and universities. I believe in libraries because most students don’t have any money. When I graduated from high school, it was during the Depression and we had no money. I couldn’t go to college, so I went to the library three days a week for 10 years."

I did the same thing through middle school and high school. Libraries saved my sanity and my life.  “Something Wicked This Way Comes” was certainly on the reading list.

This feels really good. I’m very excited to be contributing my own take on the ever- evolving short story art form. 

That red-hot book cover is by Syneca. Does anyone know the name of that gorgeous model?

XXOO Kat



9 comments:

  1. Happy Belated Birthday to Ray Bradbury!
    XXOO Kat

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations, Kat, you are certainly in wonderful company!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you Nina! Congratulations on the great reviews you're getting for "Invitation to Ecstasy" WTG!
    XXOO Kat

    ReplyDelete
  4. This book is sure to be a hit with all the wonderful authors contributing - including you, Kat. You're an amazing author in your own right.

    Congrats!
    Hugs,
    Amber

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you Amber. I think you're a trooper for finishing your last book so soon after delivering your new daughter. I'm full of admiration for you!
    XXOO Kat

    ReplyDelete
  6. Huge congrats to you and all the authors, Kat! Of course you're included...why not?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you Julia, there was a lot of great competition vying for spots in this anthology and hopefully all the stories that were not chosen will end up at Ellora's Cave as stand alones.
    XXOO Kat

    ReplyDelete
  8. Huge Congratulations, Kat!!! Your story is fantastic!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you Tessie for your help and input early on-it really made a difference.
    XXOO Kat

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment.