Visitors

Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Another School Year

While I’ve given up writing for the time being I rediscovered reading. I’m enjoying so many books. I can’t seem to devour them fast enough. I’d forgotten how much I truly like escaping into a fantasy world.
My fantasy world is coming to an end tomorrow. Summer will be over for us as my daughter starts her first day of high school. She’s NOT a morning person, so having to get her up at 6am to catch the bus should be fun – not. I do not like fighting with this child to drag her butt out of bed, but it’s what I do every day of the school year. Needless to say I’m not looking forward to tomorrow morning.
After finishing my contracted book and subbing it, my editor let me know edits wouldn’t arrive until around Sept 12th. Okay, I can handle that. Since subbing it I’ve been thinking about different ways to make it stronger.
That’s about all I have this week.
Happy Tuesday!

5 comments:

  1. Amber, I think you're doing great. Enjoy that reading time! It so difficult to truly be the reader when you have a pressing writing project in progress.
    Who decided teens should wake at the crack of dawn? I wish school for older kids was 10-6 pm!
    XXOO Kat

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL I'm with you Kat. 10-6 would be perfect! The crack of dawn is so unfair.

    Amber

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amber, I can't imagine how busy you are right now. Wow! How do you do it?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I wish you much good luck getting the teenager out of bed!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Enjoy the reading time. I love escaping with a good book. Hope getting her out of bed wasn't too bad.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment.