Visitors

Wednesday, June 1, 2011

WIP-Wrecked on a Rocky Shore!


I can’t believe it’s June already. I didn’t get a spring yet. The pilot light of our furnace   was blown out last month but we still have a down comforter on our bed. I can’t remember a spring ever being this cool.

I’ve had a too-busy-in-a-not-fun-way-so-called-spring, but my WIP carousel of chaos is twirling at top speed. I currently have six WIPs on my desktop that I continually trade off between. Sometimes I work on a single WIP for an entire week uninterrupted, and sometimes I switch between three WIPs in a day. As long as the genres are different, I can keep it straight. I never allow myself to feel too blocked or bored. The moment I get bored I close the WIP. If I still have time left in the day I trick myself into writing by opening a fresh WIP and saying, “no pressure, let’s just take a peek…” lol

I try to add 1-2k each day to at least one of the WIPs, and sometimes a bit more if the day job will allow it. I really want to finish a couple of these because I can feel new ideas and fresh projects crowding in that I know will require a little love and attention also.

I have a feeling June is going to be a high-energy, big idea month not just for me but for all of us. I predict the muse of June will be bold. This might be a great time to put your dreams in black and white and do some practical reflection about how to make them real. That’s the energy of June our mid-year point—it often provides a not so gentle reminder to get hopping with projects. It’s June 1st, so ready or not I guess we will find out soon enough if I was right…

Remember to dream big, and have a great June!

XXOO Kat

8 comments:

  1. Thank you for stopping by today! I'm working hard...I don't know what I'm working on, but I'm working. lol
    XXOO Kat

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't care what you're working on as long as you get us a book soon! Sugar Roux was such a fantastic book that I want more. :)
    I believe June is going to be a great month!

    Amber Skyze

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think that is is great that you can move between quite a few WIP's. I can only work one at a time and then have story ideas screaming at me to hurry up and write them. I hope that you are correct and June's muse is strong and bold!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Marie, I wish I could work on one WIP at a time in a polite orderly fashion but I just can't! lol This is a work habit from my other career as an artist. I would work on a canvas until it was too wet and had to be set aside to dry for a day or two. I would start another canvas into the rotation... Old habits die hard.
    I do think the mid-year boost of June will be a creative kick in the pants!
    Amber-two of those WIPs are the sequels to Sugar Roux Voodoo, I'm really enjoying them. More 1834 New Orleans, more bayou, more dashing southern gentlemen, more supernatural creatures and many more erotic adventures.
    XXOO Kat

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can't wait to be swept away again to 1834 New Orleans!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm with Tessie! We still have our furnace on and today is raining cats and dogs!
    Wow!
    Yes, I think June/July will be very busy. How are you making time for all your WIPs? Mine are circling the airport!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Julia you have a solid alibi! You have so many people needing your time. I'm chasing my WIPs with a butterfly net before they chase me! lol
    XXOO Kat

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment.