Visitors

Tuesday, June 14, 2011

A little bragging.


This week is busy with graduations, Father’s day and (silent screaming in front of my computer) a U2 concert! I just got my hair cut and styled for Bono. I hope he likes it, and I’m stocked up on dozens of glow sticks, so I think I’m ready to rock.
I’m currently finishing a short story I’m very excited about. This Quickie will be submitted directly to the very woman who inspired me to start writing in the first place. I’m not sure how much I should say at this time so I’d rather be safe than sorry and share more information later. This is just a submission but you better believe I’m amped to the max and anxious as a wet cat walking on a frayed electric cord about doing the very best job I can possibly do on this story. I’ve never written so quickly in my life.
I want to brag shamelessly about a nice surprise I got yesterday. A good review for “Sugar Roux Voodoo” came in and I was mighty pleased with this one:
NIGHT OWL REVIEWS BOOK REVIEW gave “Sugar Roux Voodoo” 5 Stars Top Pick!
Reviewer Stesha.
It’s 1834, New Orleans. The lovely Lark Le Beau spends her days aboard her riverboat, the Sugar Roux Voodoo Queen, performing acts of beneficent voodoo for her select clientele. Five years earlier, she was seemingly abandoned by her first and still only love, Captain Valcour Curry, a wealthy pirate. Valcour left her with not only the riverboat, but their unborn son as well.
When client Miss Marietta visits Lark for a reading, Lark’s gift of clairvoyance kicks in at full speed. She senses Valcour once again. Soon after Miss Marietta departs, a stranger named Leroy arrives and claims Valcour is alive—but he is now nothing more than a soulless zombie living an almost nonexistence, imprisoned at the hidden Broken Oak Plantation where a black magician named Braeme Payne has stolen his soul.
Lark knows immediately she must go with Leroy to the Broken Oak to save her love. She knows that she will need to risk her own life and use her own brand of magic and love to save the man she loves. But Valcour isn’t the same man any longer. Trapped by his own misdeeds of the past, and held by guilt and black magic, he no longer possesses his own soul or emotions.
Sugar Roux Voodoo is a lushly written sensual novel that will transport you back to nineteenth century New Orleans. The setting is so beautifully painted for you by the author you will imagine yourself aboard the riverboat watching the story unfold before you. Lark is a beautifully written character that the reader will identify with immediately. The love story is compelling and lustily written. Sugar Roux Voodoo is a definite must-read this summer.

(Thank you Night Owl Reviews and Stesha!)


I want to congratulate my Ellora’s Cave Sisters, Amber Skyze on an excellent 5 Star review for “Sex on the Beach” From Romance Writers Reviews!
http://www.romancewritersreviews.com/index.php?option=com_sobi2&sobi2Task=sobi2Details&catid=3&sobi2Id=105&Itemid=30
And Cerise Deland’s for an excellent 4 Star review from Night Owl Review, for her new Quickie “Me and Mr. Jones.”

 Good job ladies!
Have a wonderful week. Happy Father’s Day to all the Dads and every loving father figure out there who steps up to the plate and makes a positive difference in a child’s life.
XXOO Kat

11 comments:

  1. Thank you for stopping by!
    XXOO Kat

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have lots of fun at the concert. I'm sure it will be amazing. Congrats on the great review and thanks for sharing mine with everyone.
    Congrats Cerise.

    Amber :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am sure that Bono will love the "do". Have a great time at the concert. It's been years since I've been to one. I have to start looking around. Congrats on the good reviews all!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You know I'm pea green with envy over your evening with Bono!!
    Congrats on the fantastic review!

    Congrats also to Cerise and Amber!

    Happy Release Day, Cerise

    ReplyDelete
  5. I avoided big concerts for years but now there are some amazing acts touring that I'd hate to miss. Life's too short.
    XXOO Kat

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yay, girl! You deserve it! Take that! THWAP!

    ReplyDelete
  7. FABULOUS, KAT!
    NIGHT OWL is tough to please and 5 rating? YUM.
    (Tell us how BONO likes your hair, ok?)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you Cerise! I'll give Bono a kiss from you. (I'm going to be blowing a lot of kisses at that stage tonight! lol)
    XXOO Kat

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congrats to both of you! Hope you had fun with Bono and happy dad's day!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Julia! We had a great time! I loved it.
    XXOO Kat

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment.