Visitors

Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Life Changes

Last night I got to hold my new niece who was only 10 hours old. As I looked down into that precious face I realized how much life is a gift. For some of us it can be short, while some are lucky enough to live to a very old age. It’s important to live life to the fullest because you never know what tomorrow will bring.
With our daughter arriving in 6 short weeks I’ve been thinking a lot about how I’m going to juggle a full time job, writing and raising a newborn. I was lucky enough to stay home until my two oldest went to kindergarten. With you youngest I had to work, but my then lazy ex-husband didn’t work. He didn’t want to. Instead I worked three jobs and went to school, to support a family of five.
This time I have a great husband who will share in the raising of our daughter, but we both have demanding jobs. I worry that she won’t get the attention she needs. Yes, I have a wonderful mother in law who retired so she could take care of her two granddaughters, but I want that time with her.
So I decided that’s what I’m going to do. I’m not going to mop around. I’m going to take the bull by the horns and make my future. I’m going to focus on building a career that will allow me to have more time with our child, yet give me the income to live the lifestyle we’re used to – or should I say pay the bills! LOL
Now I have to sit down and put a game plan together! :0)

5 comments:

  1. Amber today is the prefect day to make a new battle plan and allow the universe to support you. It's the Summer Solstice, the sap has risen in the tree as high as it's going to go and today is the day to set a new course! Good luck. Courageous people reap big rewards.
    XXOO Kat

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck with the game plan, love. Share if you figure it out.
    I have this feeling things will be good. I know you're a great mom and this baby girl is very lucky!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good luck with the plan. If anyone can do it, you can!!! Let me know if you need any support. Your friends are always here for you!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love you ladies. :) Hugs

    Amber

    ReplyDelete
  5. Amber, I swear I could feel your positive energy when I read this! You, your family and that lucky new baby girl will all reap the rewards of whatever changes you make!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment.