Visitors

Wednesday, June 22, 2011

It's a Beautiful Day!


Tuesday was the summer solstice, the longest day in the northern hemisphere, but we’re still riding its wave.

In human terms a solstice is the time to seek and accumulate energy. Think of a tree finally sending its sap to the outermost leaves and collecting the sun’s energy. This is the moment to learn something special and take-in new ideas. Think ahead and put a few key bits of information aside for this winter. If your thoughts are brewing on a new writing project or a change of plans, today is a great day to jot those ideas down so they won’t be forgotten.

A solstice is a turning or tipping point that signals the time to let go of the pervious direction and head toward a new one. Refuse to allow these exciting times to intimidate you.


On another note last Friday’s U2 concert at the Anaheim Angels Stadium was an amazing experience. I loved every minute of it, especially loved having the chance to dance with my son at his first big concert.

One of my favorite moments was an appearance on the big screen of Commander Mark Kelly from the International Space Station, introducing “Beautiful Day” and telling his wife, Gabby Giffords he loved her from space. “Beautiful Day” was Mark Kelly’s “wake-up” call on shuttle missions. It was Gabby and Mark’s song long before they were married and it means even more now. (I read) Mark hummed it to Gabby in the hospital when her situation was touch and go.

U2 is my touchstone. That’s what U2 has been for me during these many years of fandom. They’re part of my life and they’re there when you need to be lifted up.

There was a distinct paradox about being in a crowd of over 90,000 people, in the presence of this huge show and still feeling connected and intimate with the group. I got a big dose of loving energy that just slammed into me 48 hours after the concert was over. That’s how overwhelming it was. It took a couple of days to fully process it. I’m so grateful I was able to be there and add another voice to the crowd.

XXOO Kat

11 comments:

  1. I hope everyone does have a beautiful day!
    XXOO Kat

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad that you had a good time. Let's not forget the fact that Bono LOVED your hair also! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'll bet Angels stadium was a great place to see a concert. I've been there for a baseball game, but never a concert! :) I love when a band can leave a mark on you for days.

    Hope you have a beautiful day!

    Amber

    ReplyDelete
  4. How wonderful that you could share the experience with your son!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I did worry about bringing an 11 year old but we wore earplugs and saw a lot of kids seated near us who were much younger, even quite a few pregnant ladies. The crowd was a real mix of people, A lot of gray hair in that stadium and a lot of baby faces.
    XXOO Kat

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm so glad you got to go - and it was quite a drive for you! I know where that stadium is! I think a lot of us hold certain music and/or musicians very dear. They've been with us through the good times and the bad.

    ReplyDelete
  7. It was a killer drive! Most of it in second gear... Luckily we had a hotel room near the stadium and walked the rest of the way.
    XXOO Kat

    ReplyDelete
  8. I took Sarah to her first 'concert' when she was 11 - Britney Spears and 98 Degrees! She was oblivious to the lip-syncing and I was thrilled to share the experience with her.

    Mercifully, her tastes quickly matured, and she and I have enjoyed incredible concerts together - Fallout Boy, Good Charlotte, Linkin Park, Metallica, Korn, Marilyn Manson...oh lord, my questionable parenting skills are showing :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Tessie, I think you have damn good parenting skills! Sarah turned out great despite early exposure to Britney Spears! Metallica's "Sandman" is such a soothing song for children...lol
    XXOO Kat

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sounds like you had a wonderful time. Interesting tidbit of info about Mark and Gabby. We all wish her a great recovery.
    Happy first day of Summer for us here in the US!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Marianne! It's wonderful to see you back at 7SS! We miss you! Please visit more often.
    XXOO Kat

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment.